Am I eligible for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
To be eligible for this New Zealand visa
you must meet the following criteria:
New Zealand has working holiday agreements with:
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years old at the time of your New Zealand work visa application
- You must hold a passport from an eligible country valid for at least three months after your planned departure from NZ
- You must provide evidence of your intention to leave New Zealand when your visa expires - an onward/return ticket or enough money to buy one
- You must not bring children with you
- You must meet the necessary health and character requirements
- You must have comprehensive medical insurance for the length of your stay in NZ
- You must not have been granted a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa before
- You must hold a valid temporary permit if you are applying from within New Zealand
- You must also meet the specific requirements based on your country of origin.
||Hong Kong (SAR)
||Singapore (work exchange programme)
|United States of America
The Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand is for 12 months and during this time you can leave and re-enter the country as many times as you like. For citizens of Austria, Malaysia and Singapore you will receive a visa valid for 6 months. For British citizens, you will be able to choose between a 12-month and a 23-month* Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand. Conditions of Work
The New Zealand Working Holiday Scheme allows you to undertake temporary or casual work to supplement your holiday funds. The main purpose of the visa is to holiday and travel in New Zealand so you are not permitted to take up permanent employment.
Additional Requirements Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR)
You must have a British National Overseas or HKSAR passport valid for at least 3 months after your planned departure from New Zealand. You will also need to have a minimum of NZ $4200 to cover your stay in New Zealand. You will not be permitted to work for any one employer for more than 3 months. Japan
You will need to have a minimum of NZ$4200 in available funds to cover your stay in New Zealand.Korea
You will need to have a minimum of NZ$4200 in available funds to cover your stay in New Zealand. You will not be permitted to work for any one employer for more than 3 months. Malaysia
Citizens of Malaysia will be issued a travel visa for 12 months and on arrival in New Zealand will be issued a Work Permit for a maximum of 6 months. You will need to have a minimum of NZ$2250 available to cover your living costs while you are in New Zealand. Singapore
To be eligible you must be either an undergraduate student or have graduated within the last three years from a Singaporean university or polytechnic. You must have a minimum of NZ$2250 in available funds.
If you are an undergraduate wanting to gain work experience in New Zealand before completing your study in Singapore you must:
- be registered with a Singaporean university or polytechnic AND
- be a participant on an agreed exchange between your university or polytechnic in Singapore and a New Zealand university or polytechnic OR arrange your own employment directly with a New Zealand employer
You will be issued a visa for travel for 12 months and upon arrival in New Zealand you will be granted a Work Permit for a maximum of 6 months. Thailand
To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to New Zealand you must have:
- a tertiary qualification granted from a minimum of 3 years fulltime study
- a high level of proficiency in English
- a minimum of NZ$7000 available funds to meet your living costs while you are in New Zealand.
Applicants from the UK can choose either a 12 month or a 23 month Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand
. Depending on the length of stay you choose you may be required to complete medical forms. You will not be permitted to work for more than 12 months.
To be eligible you must:
- Usually be permanently living in the United Kingdom - this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you apply.
- Have sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
*Please note that we advise you to apply at least 2 weeks before your departure date, as in a small number of cases, the New Zealand Immigration Authorities may request further verification of personal details before granting a visa, thus delaying the processing time. In such cases, we will notify you of any further requirements as soon as we have details of these.
Apply now for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
Call now to book your New Zealand visa immediately!
Or fill in the online NZ registration form
for a call back later. Please note that this will take longer than an immediate phone application as we need to receive your registration form first. We will endeavour to call you back in the next 12 hours so make sure we can reach you on the number you provide.