Once you contact us on the phone or on the web to request information for one of our services we will provide you with a free eligibility assessment which will determine the most appropriate visa for you. The assessment will include preliminary information on the visa conditions and how you meet the eligibility requirements. Once you agree to use our service we will process your visa application through to completion. Our service covers the checking of your documents and personal details for correctness before we lodge your application with the relevant Government/Embassy. In the event that we spot any missing information/documents from your application we will follow up by giving you a phone call or sending you an email to request the necessary details.
Thousands of customers choose Visa First to organise their working holiday visas every year because:
- We make getting the visa you need fast and hassle-free.
- We provide a free initial assessment on the process.
- We developed the unique online visa status engine which allows you to check the status of your visa 24/7. Check your status now.
- We're visa experts and have organised over 130,000 visas for people like you.
- We have a price and service promise to you to ensure a low cost effective service.
- We offer a step-by-step consultation as we do the visa.
- We provide an end-to-end service from assessment, through gathering and processing the documents till visa grant.
- We have local offices supporting the visa process.
We don't just do visas; we sort out everything you'll need overseas - from accommodation, bank accounts, airport pick up, jobs advice and much more.
Visa First advises you to apply for your NZ Working Holiday Visa at least two weeks before you plan to leave to allow for any possible delays.
Apply online for your NZ Work Visa today.
For British citizens, you will be able to choose between a 12-month and a 23-month* Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand.
For citizens of Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey and the USA, your visa will be valid for 12-months.
For citizens of Austria, Malaysia and Singapore you will receive a visa valid for 6 months.
Apply for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa today.
* NB: If you are from the UK and would like to apply for a 23-month visa for New Zealand, a chest x-ray and medical examination may be required as part of your visa application. In such cases your application will take about 4 weeks to process from the date that your results are forwarded for assessment. Once we receive your application we will contact you with respect to the above. Should the Immigration Authorities impose additional health requirements, additional processing fees may apply.
If you are applying for your visa in Ireland, post your application form, including the fee payment of €175 to: Visa First, 14 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland.
If you are applying for your NZ visa in the UK, post your application form, including the fee payment of £125 to: Visa First, 3rd Floor, 9 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PD, United Kingdom.
You can pay by enclosing a cheque made payable to Visa First Ltd or by completing the credit card section of the application form. Do not send cash.
Register online now to start the application process.
Please note that if you lodge your visa application while in New Zealand, you must provide a New Zealand postal address on this application form. In such cases a chest x-ray and medical examination may be required, and your visa application will take about 4 weeks to process from the date that your results are forwarded for assessment. Once we receive your application, we will contact you with respect to the above if necessary.
- British citizens: Minimum of NZ$350 per month of stay in New Zealand.
- Citizens of Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Japan, Korea, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Uruguay and USA: Minimum of NZ$4200 available funds for the full period of stay in New Zealand.
- Citizens of Austria, Malaysia and Singapore: Minimum of NZ$2250 available funds for the full period of stay in New Zealand.
- Citizens of Thailand and Turkey: Minimum of NZ$7000 available funds for the full period of stay in New Zealand.
- Citizens of Peru needs to either have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here, if you produce evidence that you hold an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) level 5 or over in speaking and in one of the other three skills areas OR have a minimum of NZ$7,000 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here if you do not meet the English language requirement above
Apply now for your visa to New Zealand.
Visit our New Zealand Visas section for information on other visas to New Zealand.
There are also a few more local festivals and different types of festivals such as the Winter Festival down in Queenstown and the Food Festival in Hokitika.
There are loads of rental car companies in New Zealand offering very competitive rates so you could hire a car for a weekend or a few months! In general, drivers have to be a minimum of 21 but some will let 18 year olds hire a vehicle.
With petrol and insurance being so cheap, many backpackers buy a car to travel around New Zealand then sell it on when they leave.
NB: Passport holders from the list below may only hold a job for a length of 3 months with each employer.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Chile passport holders may only hold a job for a length of 6 months with each employer.
Spain passport holders must not work for a period exceeding six months.
UK passport holders must not work for a period exceeding 12 months
- Belgium - 3
- Brazil- 3
- China- 3
- Denmark- 3
- Estonia- 3
- Finland- 3
- France- 3
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region- 3
- Ireland- 3
- Israel- 3
- Italy- 3
- Korea- 3
- Latvia- 3
- Malaysia- 3
- Malta- 3
- Mexico- 3
- Netherlands- 3
- Norway- 3
- Peru- 3
- Poland- 3
- Singapore (work exchange programme)- 3
- Slovenia- 3
- Spain- 3
- Sweden- 3
- Thailand- 3
- Turkey- 3
- United States of America- 3
Passport holders from the below listed countries are permitted to study or train for up to 6 months:
- Argentina - 6
- Austria- 6
- Canada- 6
- Chile- 6
- Czech- 6
- Germany- 6
- Japan- 6
- Slovakia- 6
- Taiwan- 6
- United Kingdom- 6
- Uruguay- 6
- If you are a British citizen and have been granted with a 23-month visa, you can't work for more than 12 months while on your Working Holiday permit. This can be in a consecutive period, or interspersed throughout your 23-month stay.
- Passport holders from the list below can work for the entire 12-month period as long as their labour contract does not state "permanent" but they need to change their employer every 3 months (can't work for more than 3 months with each employer):
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Where an official complaint is received by Visa First, the company will record the nature of the complaint and issue an acknowledgement email to the client within 5 business days of receiving the complaint. The acknowledgement will provide the client with the contact name who is responsible for dealing with the complaint. The official complaint must be made by email (you may also write, although this will slow down the process), and confirm that the client wishes to enter this process. Please email your complaint to email@example.com
- Visa First will investigate the complaint as swiftly as possible and where applicable, the complainant will receive a regular written update on the progress of the investigation at intervals of not more than 20 business days.
- Visa First will try to resolve the complaint within 40 business days of having received the complaint. If the complaint cannot be resolved within 40 business days, the Firm will write to the complainant notifying them of the anticipated timeframe for the conclusion of the investigation.
- Within 5 business days of the conclusion of the investigation of the complaint, Visa First will issue a resolution letter detailing the outcome of the investigation. This letter will include, if applicable, an explanation of the terms of any offer that the company is prepared to make in settlement of the complaint.
|Occupation||gross salary $||net salary $|
|Chef de Partie||$36,400 - 40,000||$31,010 - 33,980|
|Primary School Teacher||$46,000 - 72,000||$38,930 - 57,320|
|Carpenter||$37,500 - 60,500||$31,917 - 49,330|
|Registered Nurse||$47,000 - 64,000||$39,755 - 51,780|
|Accountant||$45,100 - 81,000||$38,187 - 63,350|
|Diesel mechanic||$46,700 - 79,000||$39,507 - 62,010|