The E-3 visa is a visa for Australian nationals to work in specialty occupations in the U.S. It has many advantages over the other types of working visas, including the ability for spouses of E-3 visa recipients to apply for work authorization.
A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires relevant work experience and at least the attainment of a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the U.S for this US working visa.
An E-3 visa is a multiple-entry visa, so provided you have not changed employers or made any other changes to your immigration status, you may travel outside the U.S. and reenter on a valid, unexpired E-3 visa.
E-3 visa holder spouses are entitled to work in the United States and may apply for an Employment Authorization Document through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Such spousal employment may be in a position other than a specialty occupation.
You meet the requirements for this US working visa if:
- You need to have a job offer from the U.S. before you can apply for the E-3 visa;
- Your nominated position qualifies as a specialty occupation employment;
- You have the required education and/or work experience;
- You may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements;
- You have the necessary license or other official permission to practice in the specialty occupation. In certain cases where such license or other official permission is not required to commence employment immediately, you must demonstrate that you will obtain such licensure or permission within a reasonable period of time following admission into the United States.
The maximum validity of this visa is 24 months. This two-year period is renewable indefinitely provided you are able to demonstrate that you do not intend to remain or work permanently in the United States.
Call us now to book your US E-3 Visa over the phone today: