Country of residence:

L1 Visa

Please give your vote for this product:

4.49 out of 5 based on
165 vote(s).

US L-1 Visa Information

Employees of an international company who are being temporarily transferred to a parent branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same company in the United States require Intra Company transfer (L-1) visas.
The international company may be either a U.S. or foreign organization. This visa also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one. To qualify, the employee must be at the managerial or executive level, or have specialized knowledge and be destined to a position within the U.S. company at either of these levels, although not necessarily in the same position as held previously. In addition, the employee must have been employed outside the U.S. with the international company continuously for one year within the three years preceding the application for admission into the United States.

Your spouse and unmarried children (under the age of 21) may be admitted to the United States in L-2 status. Your spouse in L-2 status may be authorized to work in the United States.


L-1 visa is valid for 3 years with the possibility of a 2-year extension. L-1A manager and executive may be eligible for an additional 2-year extension for a total stay in the United States of 7 years.


Requirements for the L-1 Visa:

You might be eligible for L-1 visa if you are:

  • Foreign national executive being transferred to the U.S. to manage an organization or a major function or division of an organization
  • Foreign national manager being transferred to the U.S. to supervise work of other supervisory, professional or managerial employees, or who manages an essential function, department or subdivision
  • Specialized Knowledge key employee of companies outside U.S. that have related U.S. branches, subsidiaries, affiliates or joint venture partners
  • Qualified employee of an international company coming to the United States to establish a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary in the United States. The international company may be either a US or foreign organization.


Benefits of the L1 Visa

  • You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. while on a valid L1 visa
  • You may legitimately come to the U.S. as an L1 intra-company transferee and at the same time, lawfully seek to become a permanent resident
  • Your dependents can live with you in the U.S.
  • Your spouse can apply for a work permit and engage in employment

Call Visa First to book your US Visa now:

US: +1 866 772 9245
UK: +44 207 659 9180
Ireland: +353 1 878 3355
Australia: 1300 655 094
New Zealand +64 9 984 1996

Or click here to register online.