Australian Work Related Expenses

If you intend to travel to Australia and work for a while there is a very good chance that you can get a few bucks back by filing a tax return at the end of the tax year. Many working holidaymakers tend to overlook the details and do not always get the maximum possible amount back.

Work-related expenses – You need to keep track of them. They might easily be refundable and the amount can be included in your tax return. If your work-related expenses are below $300 (AUD) you don’t even have to provide receipts, however, you have to be able to show that the deductions are related to your income. You also have to show how you calculate the claimed amount.

If your expenses exceed the $300 threshold you need to provide receipts for them. Which receipts should you keep, well – keep all of them! You never know when you might need them, and you can easily discard of them after the end of the tax year.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *