Visa First Blog

A blog dedicated to Working Holidaymakers and people willing to immigrate



Switzerland will reintroduce immigration quotes for EU citizens

Anti-immigrant movements in Europe received a boost during the last week when Switzerland voted for return on immigration quotes for EU citizens. The results from the referendum will create a lot of uncertainties in the relationships between EU and Switzerland. The referendum was initialized by the far right party which demands restrictions for EU migrants […]

read more arrow

EU commission wants that US abolishes visa requirements for EU citizens

The European Commission wants United States to remove visas for citizens of Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland and Cyprus. According to EC if the problem is not solved within 6 months, EU may impose visas on American diplomats. Most of the EU citizens can travel without visa to US. In December 2013 a new directive was […]

read more arrow

Going for Golden Visa: A guide to EU residency

There several different types of property buyers: those who buy for money, those who buy for a holiday home and those on the lookout for a new place to live. With the eurozone crisis continuing to plague economies, though, many countries have introduced Golden Visa schemes, which offer residency within a country in exchange for […]

read more arrow

Record year for tourism in Spain

Supporters of the radical immigration reform in US are trying to persuade Barack Obama to cut through the gridlock and use its presidential powers in order to introduce the new immigration reform cutting through the gridlock in Washington. Their intention is to persuade the American President to allow the illegal immigrants to apply for citizenship. […]

read more arrow

Becoming a German passport is too much of a hurdle for immigrants

The German Government introduced a test as one of the requirements for everyone that wants to become German citizenship. The test represents one of the many hurdles for potential German citizenship applicants. According to many experts if the country wants to attract more foreigners, immigration barriers have to be lowered. The German citizenship contains 33 […]

read more arrow

How To Spend 24 Hours in Kensington, London

Are you making a flying visit to London? Why not soak up the culture in Kensington, one of the most exciting districts in London. Kensington is one of London’s most affluent districts, but this doesn’t mean you have to be a millionaire to visit. Situated in the glamorous West End, this cultural district has something […]

read more arrow

UK population grows due to increased immigration

According to newly released statistics by the UK government the population of the country has grown by 419 000 people by the end of July 2013. Around 40% of this rise was caused by new immigrants entering the country. The remaining 60% were due to baby boom in the UK. There were more than 800 […]

read more arrow

Europe by Road: The 5 Best European Driving Vacation Routes

When Canadians travel in Europe, they often think in terms of trains and package tours. Those are both great ways to see the Old Country, but taking a road trip along the scenic byways of Europe is also a fantastic way to get off the beaten track. With car rentals available and affordable throughout Europe, […]

read more arrow

Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants in UK increase

The UK office for national statistics has reported an increase in the number of Bulgarians and Romanians who work in the country. There were around 150 000 Bulgarians and Romanians in UK in June 2013 compared with March. This represents and 30% increase. Bulgaria and Romania both joined the European Union in 2007. Most of […]

read more arrow