The Canadian Express Entry will replace the Federal Skilled Visa in less than 3 months
The beautiful Victoria, British Columbia
As VisaFirst already informed you earlier, the Occupation list for the Canadian Federal Skilled visahas been updated on 1 May 2014. There has been a cap of 25,000 new applications set, including 500 applications from PhD students.
All 50 occupations on the list have been further restricted by a sub-cap of 1,000 places per occupation. Of course, this does not affect those visa candidates with a secured job offer from a Canadian employer.
Now, the first to reach the occupational quota are the Computer programmers and interactive media developers, NOC code 2174. No more new applications from this occupation will be accepted under the current Federal skilled worker program.
There is one more occupation that is near to reach the limit: Financial and investment analysts NOC code 1112.
Below the full list of occupations and the places already completed for each occupation:
Number of places completed as per the 1,000 sub-cap
Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
Human resources managers
Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
Managers in health care
Home building and renovation managers
Managers in natural resources production and fishing
Financial auditors and accountants
Financial and investment analysts
Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
Other financial officers
Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers
Geoscientists and oceanographers
Electrical and electronics engineers
Information systems analysts and consultants
Database analysts and data administrators
Software engineers and designers
Computer programmers and interactive media developers
Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
Computer network technicians
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
General practitioners and family physicians
Dietitians and nutritionists
Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
VancouVancouver will try to be the Greenerst city by 2020.
What do I need to qualify?
The current pass mark is 67 points based on eligibility criteria. You’re given points for 6 components: your language skills in English and/or French, age, education, qualification, work experience , adaptability and job offer from a Canadian employer (if any).
– You need to have at least 12 months work experience in one of the occupations on the demand list; or a job offer from a Canadian employer; or be a PhD student in Canada.
– You need to prove your language skills through a language test
– You have to be qualified in your occupation and your foreign qualification should be assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
– You also need to prove you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself and your family members in Canada. The current amount needed for 1 person is CA$11,824. If you are 4 – you need to prove CA$21,971.
What you probably don’t know is that you still can proceed with your Federal skilled visa even if the cap was reached for your occupation, following one of the routes below:
– You might still qualify, if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer. It should be a full-time employment. There’s no cap for applicants qualifying with a job offer.
– If your tasks and job title overlap with other occupation or NOC code that is still eligible. For example, if you are a Computer programmer and the cap was reached for your occupation, you can still apply as an Information system analyst or consultant, Database analyst, Data administrator or Software designer.
– You might still be eligible f you have at least one year work experience in the past 10 years in an occupation on the list but this does not necessarily need to be your current or most recent job. So, if the cap is reached for your current occupation but you still can qualify for any of the remaining occupations on the list, go ahead and apply now.
It’s less than three months now before the new “Express Entry” is launched at the beginning of 2015. This will be a new expression of interest selection system, giving the Federal government, provincial governments and employers the opportunity to select the applicants from a pool. We recommend you start preparing your paperwork and submitting your application now.
Visa First is a leading international immigration consulting company. We can help you to apply for your visa fast and hassle-free today.
If you found this information useful, please share 🙂