The E-2 visa is for a national of a country with which the United States (U.S.) maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who is coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
Requirements for the Treaty Investor
- The investor, either a real or corporate person, must be a national of a treaty country.
- The investment must be substantial. It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage of investment for a low-cost business enterprise must be higher than the percentage of investment in a high-cost enterprise.
- The investment must be a real operating enterprise. Speculative or idle investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment.
- The investment may not be marginal. It must generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to the investor and family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the U.S.
- The investor must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed.
- The investor must be coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized skill capacity. Ordinary skilled and unskilled workers do not qualify.
E2 Visa Validity
Qualified treaty investors and employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant may be granted.
Family of E-2 Investors and Employees
Treaty investors and employees may be accompanied or followed by spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. These family members may seek E-2 visa as dependents and, if approved, generally will be granted the same period of stay as the employee. Spouses of E-2 workers may apply for work authorization.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of E-2 Treaty Investor visa?
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the U.S.
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- Stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications
- Bring your dependents or accompanying relatives and your spouse may also work while in the U.S.
How long can I stay in the US on investor visa?
What is E-2 treaty investor visa?
What are the limitations of E-2 visa?
- E-2 visas are available only to nationals of countries having trade treaties with the U.S
- You are restricted to work only for the specific employer or self-owned business that acted as your E-2 visa sponsor. However, you may also work for the treaty organization’s parent company or one of its subsidiaries as long as the:
- Relationship between the organizations is established
- Subsidiary employment requires executive, supervisory, or essential skills
- Terms and conditions of employment have not otherwise changed
- E-2 visas are approved for two years at a time which makes the application/extension process cumbersome.
Group Bookings for USA E2 Investment Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Liz, I’ve just arrived in Perth and have to say I was a little bit afraid that it would take a while to settle. I’ve found a job already and am loving it. Thanks for sorting out that apartment for me. You’ve been brill. Sarah
Edwina, Perfect i will just stop in London. Cheers again for all the help and I must comment you and your staff especially Ana as i am 100% sure without her chasing me for information and ""original letters"" I would not have recieved my visa today (and i doubt if ever). Cheers again for all the help and if you are speeking to Ana thank her from me. Paudy
Dear Management, I would like to take this opportunity to commend the service we have received during our Skilled Visa process with Visa First, but particularly on the hand delivered service by Amanda Carter. She has been nothing but helpful, informative, responsive and professional. In all our dealings with her she has always taken the time to answer our questions and queries fully and promptly. She has a very friendly and positive attitude making the whole process a positive experience. I think employees and people like her deserve a thank you and more importantly recognition. Hard work, thoroughness and ability are part and parcel of her way of dealing with her clients. Thank you, Laura Magan
Hi Debbie/ Declan, Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! My boys are jumping around and hugging me haha. All the stress and uncertainty has now been worth it. I have just rang Mary and explained to her we dont need the 457 visa now and she is fine. Happy for us and there is still a job there for me if I want it. Champagne in the fridge for dinner this evening. Thanks again for all your hard work. Kind Regards, Janet
Hi Ross, Thank you for the wonderful news! I was thinking that this could be taking a little bit longer time. It will be no problem with the entry, I am returning at the end of July. Thank you for the great work, and I look forward to future collaboration with VISAFIRST.
Hi Karen! I just wanted to write you a quick note to say thank you so much for all of the help that you and the Visa First team has provided to me over the past few weeks. Also, I literally JUST received my U.K. Youth Mobility Scheme Visa about 30 seconds ago, so I wanted to share the good news with you!
First things first - Let’s get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online