The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is currently the most common pathway of business sponsorship for overseas workers. 457 visa applicants must have an employer willing to sponsor them as part of the visa application process. Employers must meet specific Sponsorship and Nomination criteria before the prospective employee can apply. Applicants must meet specific criteria for the visa part of the application. View a brief overview of the requirements for both parties.
Your Sponsoring Company Must be
- Australian business that has been operating for more than 12 months;
- Australian start-up business, registered less than 12 months ago;
- Overseas business, looking to set up a branch in Australia.
The visa lasts for up to 4 years for established business operating for more than 12 months and up to a year for start up companies that are newly registered. The current processing time is from 5 working days for approved sponsors and up to 2 months for new sponsors.
Dependent family members can be included on your visa. They will be allowed to work or study during the validity of your visa.
Contact our sponsorship visa team today! Visa First guarantees you the lowest fees on your visa application and professional service guarantee. Our specialists will advise you which sponsorship option will suit you best. We will be able to help you arrange all stages of your application. Feel free to fill in our free assessment form and we will contact you if you are eligible to apply.
Visa First - Your Trusted Migration Agent
Trust the legitimate company with more than 10 years of processing Australian visas! Registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority under number 1001083, Visa First will process your application according to the code of conduct set by the authority. We will apply for your visa only if we are sure your application meets the criteria!
Apply with Visa First Today
- Lowest processing fees.
- Apply by phone or online.
- Complete pack to start your life in Australia.
- Knowledgeable customer support available to help at any stage.
- Access to our Migration consultants to help extend your stay in Australia.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
There are specific requirements that apply to each one of the stages of the application.
The Sponsoring Company Must:
- Be an existing businesses that is financially stable, or if the business is a start up, it must be able to evidence that it will expand and develop in the coming year;
- Meet the training benchmark - proof they invest in training their Australian employees is required. If the business is a start up, they need to evidence that they will comply with the training requirements;
- Propose a salary which is above the minimum required threshold of $ 53 900. In addition to this, the proposed salary needs to be relevant to the local market salary rate for the relevant occupation.
The Applying Employee Must:
- Have an eligible occupation that appears on the Australian skills shortage list;
- must have the relevant qualifications and/or experience required for the position - most occupations require formal qualifications or if you have no official certs 3 to 5 years of relevant experience would normally suffice, depending on the occupation ;
- must be of good health and character.
View our FAQs section for answers to queries our customers have had in the past.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Australian Sponsorship 457 Visa?
What is sponsorship?
How do I know if my Australian employer can sponsor me?
Can I change my career path after I have been sponsored in Australia?
Your position must be consistent with the position description lodged with DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) at the time of your sponsorship. If your position is to change, we must first seek approval from DIAC by lodging a new position description.
If the new position is outside your initial position description at the time of your sponsorship or you wish to change employer, you will need to lodge a new sponsorship and nomination application.
Am I guaranteed a Sponsorship Visa to Australia?
Are there age restrictions on the Oz sponsorship visa?
Are there nationality restrictions?
Do I need to supply x-rays?
What should be included in my letter of offer?
Your letter of offer/employment contract should include:
- Company business and trading names, ABN and ACN (if available);
- Company contact details (postal address, telephone/ fax numbers, etc.);
- Title of the job position, as well as a description of the occupation to be filled, including skill and qualification requirements and details of the tasks that will be performed in the position;
- Period of employment and working hours (not less than 38 hours per week);
- A salary which meets the requirement of the market salary rate amount that is paid to an equivalent Australian in the sponsor's workplace (Note: The Temporary Income Threshold, is currently set at $49 330 per annum (for 38 working hours week). Base salary is the gross salary paid, excluding any additional payments or allowances such as superannuation, accommodation, bonuses, commissions, shares, meals and vehicles).
What should my CV contain?
Your updated CV should be at least one page and no longer than four. It should include:
- Your full contact details;
- Your education history;
- Your fluency in English, written and spoken;
- Full employment history, including information for each employer/ position:
- Employer's name;
- Position held / name of occupation;
- Date started;
- Date finished;
- Duties, tasks, responsibilities required and performed on this position.
What qualifications / skills or experience are necessary?
To be eligible for this sponsorship visa you must meet the following requirements:
- If you have tertiary qualifications, then a MINIMUM of 1 year experience relevant to the nominated position is required.
- If the tertiary qualification is less than a degree (i.e. diploma or certificate) then the MINIMUM experience required will be at least 2-3 years.
- If there is no tertiary qualification, a MINIMUM of 5 years experience relevant to the nominated position is required. This also depends on ANZSCO as to what is actually required of prospective applicants, according to what ANZSCO deems as the qualification requirement of the position that is nominated. ANZSCO is the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations.
In some instances certain occupations require:
- An Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) certificate or diploma or higher qualification and 12 months relevant employment experience; or
- At least three years relevant employment experience.
All relevant employment experience must be evidenced via references from previous employers.
Do certificates count as qualifications?
How long will it take?
Can I apply for my sponsorship visa while in Australia?
Can a Tourist Visa holder apply for an Oz Sponsorship Visa?
If I’m in Australia on a tourist visa and am granted a sponsorship visa, do I have to leave the country to have the new visa validated overseas?
If I’m on a working holiday visa in Australia, can I apply for sponsorship?
My Working Holiday Visa is about to expire, what happens if my Sponsorship Visa isn't processed before then?
What happens if I have exceeded the six month rule on my Working Holiday Visa and wish to apply for sponsorship?
What happens to my working holiday visa if my application for a Sponsorship Visa is rejected?
Who is considered a dependant?
What work and study rights will my family members have in Australia?
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
What are my review rights if my application is refused?
What do I need to do once my sponsorship visa is approved?
As I have travel insurance on my WHM Visa do I require health insurance for the Sponsorship Visa?
Can you apply for a permanent residency once you have finished your sponsorship and how likely is it to be accepted?
If I am a student can I apply for a sponsorship visa?
What's the best transport option?
What's my luggage allowance?
How much are flights to Australia?
What are the hostels like?
Can I drive in Australia?
If you have a valid UK drivers license and an International Driving Permit then you are eligible to drive in Australia for up to a year without doing anything else. After this time, you would need to take an Australia driving test. Be aware that it is against the law not to have your license on you while driving.
With petrol and insurance being so cheap, many backpackers buy a car to travel around Australia then sell it on when they leave.
What's the drinking age in Australia?
Can I leave Australia and re enter at a later date?
Can my employer sponsor me to stay longer?
What vaccinations will I need?
How do I pay the application fee?
Group Bookings for Australia Sponsorship (457) Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Dear Management, I would like to take this opportunity to commend the service we have received during our Skilled Visa process with Visa First, but particularly on the hand delivered service by Amanda Carter. She has been nothing but helpful, informative, responsive and professional. In all our dealings with her she has always taken the time to answer our questions and queries fully and promptly. She has a very friendly and positive attitude making the whole process a positive experience. I think employees and people like her deserve a thank you and more importantly recognition. Hard work, thoroughness and ability are part and parcel of her way of dealing with her clients. Thank you, Laura Magan
Hi Maria, How are you? I never got a chance to say thank you for all the work you did for me in getting my residency. I'd be delighted to recommend you to anybody looking to get their residency.
Hi Damien, So sorry I missed your call! Great news. Think I'm in shock a little bit lol I cannot reach Sean today so far so still have to break the news to him. Thank you for everything you have been fantastic and i will certainly be praising yourself and Visafirst to friends that talk about Immigration! Will speak to you soon.
Hi Antonia and Kimberley Just wanted to let you know that my working holiday visa was approved last week! Thankyou both so much for all your help in getting this sorted- I've got no doubt that without your input I'd be destined for the UK's 'undesirables' list! Would have liked to have come down in person but have been flat out trying to organise everything as I fly out early next week, but if you ever make it over to the UK I'd be more than happy to shout a few beers! Thanks again for all your help. Cheers
Hi Debbie, Daniel and I would like to thank you and your assessment team for all your hard work and constant contact with us. Your a great company for dealing with all my queries, emails and many calls! We really appreciate what you have done for Daniel. Kind Regards and Cheers Emma and Daniel
Hello George, Thank You once again I will definitely recommend you to all my American friends, also in few months I will be back to get my mother in as a dependent parent which she is and once again want to say a big Thank You from my whole family for all the work done right!!!
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
Australian Bank Account / Australia
Open your Australian bank account with one of Australia's largest banks before you leave home. Be reassured knowing that you can transfer funds securely to your Oz account and we can provide a statement of funds as evidence when going through immigration....
Australian Second Year WHM and Other Visas / Australia
Extend your stay in Australia (or return at a later date) for an additional 12 months when you complete 3 months (88 days) work in a regional part of Australia while on your first visa. Relax in the knowledge that our visa experts will prepare your application based on the correct visa legislation....
Australian SIM Card / Australia
An Australian Sim card allows you to be contactable by family and friends. Or start your job hunt early by including your Australian number on your CV so Australian employers can reach you even before you leave home. Instructions for unblocking your phone is also included....
Construction Training Course / Australia
You will not be allowed work on site without this. The Construction Introduction Training Course, also known as the White Card course, is a 1 day course that must be completed in order to work at constructions sites in Australia. This course is mandatory for everyone who will carry out construction work, including construction site management and supervision, as well as anyone who would access operational construction zones. Our White card courses can be conveniently completed online and are nationally recognised....
International Driving Licence (IDL) / Australia
An International Drivers' Licence shows that you hold a valid Driver's Licence in your home country. It is translated into eight languages. You need to get your IDL before you leave for Australia. Visa First organises IDLs for Irish residents in week once we receive your application. To apply you need the application form, a copy of your Irish Driver's Licence and a passport photo....
Job Service Pack / Australia
Visa First has partnered with the leading Job Search specialist in Australia who have hundreds of new backpacker and longer term vacancies weekly. You also get ongoing personal support with your job hunt and tools to build your Australian CV. Our Job Service Pack makes it easy for you to secure work quickly. Our Job Service Pack makes it easy for you to secure work quickly....
Kickstart Arrival packs / Australia
Worried about where you will stay when you arrive - how you will find your accommodation, make your way around? Don't be. Our Kickstart packs give you peace of mind knowing that you are not alone once you arrive. we arrange your airport collection, hostel accommodation (dorm or private), continental breakfast, free wifi, and an orientation to help you get your bearings for when you arrive....
Mail Holding Service / Australia
With our Mail Holding service you can travel freely around Australia and make sure you receive all your mail. You can get all your correspondence delivered to us! We will keep it for you for up to 12 months. You may come and collect it whenever you wish. Or you can request your mail to be delivered to any address you provide either in Australia or abroad (postal fees would apply)....
Money Transfers (AU) / Australia
Visa First organises money transfers to and from Australian bank accounts opened with us at the lowest rates for international fund transfers. You will be able to send or receive money from Australia to Ireland, UK, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, etc....
RSA Work Course / Australia
You cannot work in bar in without the RSA course, also known as the "Responsible Service of Alcohol" course. It is a 1 day course that must be completed in order to work in any position that involves the sale or serving of alcohol. Over 70% of working holiday makers will spend part of their year working in an environment serving alcohol (whether as a waiter or a barman)....
Tax Saver Pack / Australia
If you are planning to work in Australia, you will need a Tax File Number - otherwise you will pay 48% of your income on emergency tax. Its convenient and will save you time to have your tax file number set up before you arrive in Australia. We also arrange your tax reclaim when you leave Australia at a discounted rate....
Travel Insurance / Australia
You must have travel insurance for your year in Australia. Visa First provide the cheapest 12 month travel insurance that not only covers you, but also your belongings. We offer the best custom travel medical insurance plan to our customers....
Other Suitable Visas
Visa First is your reliable choice if you are looking to acquire an Australian visa. Working as an independent company for over a decade, our high Australian visa application success rate relates to the huge experience our migration agents have. Visa First will apply for your visa for Australia thus save you time, effort, and boost your chances of your visa being granted successfully. Select the visa type you need and see the requirements for your Australia visa application to be accepted. Click here to apply for an Australian visa now!
Your Australian Visa is Almost Granted
Our experienced representatives and migration agents form the ideal team to secure your visa for Australia. Our team will review and prepare your application, and advise on additional information and documents required - over the phone or online. Whether you are travelling for the purpose of tourism, for a working holiday, or seeking a new life as a permanent migrant – Australia has a visa policy that allows you to fulfill your dreams. We have a lot of experience dealing with the Australian Department of Immigration, related Australian government bodies and authorized third party organisations who are involved with your visa application. We know the pathways for successful processing of your visa application.
- Australia Business Innovation And Investment (Provisional) (188) Visa
- Australia Business Short Stay (456) Visa
- Australia Citizenship Visa
- Australia De Facto / Spousal (309) Visa
- Australia Distinguished Talent (Subclass 858) Visa
- Australia Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601 - Former 976) Visa
- Australia Employer Nomination Scheme (186) Visa
- Australia Entertainer (420) Visa
- Australia Evisitor (651) Visa
- Australia Fiance / Prospective Marriage (300) Visa
- Australia Regional Sponsored Migration (187) Visa
- Australia Remaining Relative (115) Visa
- Australia Skilled Migration Independent (189) Visa
- Australia Skilled Recognised Graduate (476) Visa
- Australia Skilled Regional Sponsored Provisional (487) Visa
- Australia State Skilled Sponsored Migration (190) Visa
- Australia Student (570-576) Visa
- Australia Temporary Work Short Stay Activity (400) Visa
- Australia Tourist (676) Visa
- Australia Visitor (600) Visa
- Australia Work & Holiday 2nd (462) Visa
- Australia Work & Holiday (462) Visa
- Australia Working Holiday Maker - 1st (417) Visa
- Australia Working Holiday Maker - 2nd (417) Visa
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online