The International Co-op (Internship) category is designed for Irish citizens who are registered students at a post-secondary institution and who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada (maximum 12 months) to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.
Requirements for the International Co-op (Internship) Category:
- be a citizen of Ireland;
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive at the time your application is received;
- be holding an Irish passport that remains valid throughout the period of stay in Canada. When the work permit is issued in Canada, it will not be longer than the validity of the passport.
- be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket;
- have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover expenses at the beginning of your stay, for the first 3 months of the stay;
- accept to purchase, prior to entering Canada, insurance for medical and health-care, including hospitalization and repatriation, for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
- pay a participation fee;
- be registered as a student;
- have received a signed letter of offer or contract for a work placement or internship in Canada that meets the requirements of your academic curriculum in Ireland;
- not have participated in the IEC International Coop (Internship) category before.
Why Choose Visa First
Visa First will save you time and effort - your visa will be delivered to your doorstep without you having to wait in line at the embassy. Besides the obvious benefits, here are some other features that make us the option to choose:
- Lowest visa processing fees.
- Easy application over the phone or online.
- Our advanced customer system allows you to monitor and edit your application any time.
- Our dedicated customer support team will assess your eligibility for free, as well as support you during and after the application.
- You won't pay anything unless we are sure your application meets the Canadian authorities' requirements.
Book Canada International Co-Op Catergory Internship VBook Online
To book your visa by phone
Call 01 878 3329
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for Canada International Co-Op Catergory Internship V
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Liz, Hope you are feeling better, thanks for your e-mail it was a great surprize I was delighted to hear that I have been granted my visa and that I can stay in Oz with my boyfriend Dwayne. We are going into our summer at the moment and the weather is great, I hear ye have a lot of flooding at home peoples houses destroyed and others living in fear of flooding. I hope you do not live near any of the flooding.
Hi John, I would like to confirm I have received my employment permit. Finally I can start planning for my Canadian adventure which I am really looking forward to. I am very grateful to you and all the team for providing me with such a great service in completing my application. With much appreciation
Thank you very much, just to let you know you guys do a GREAT job, and its always a pleasure to talk to anyone of you. You can pass this comment to your manager if you want, so they know what a GREAT job you all do. Take Care Melissa Pillay
Hi Damien, So sorry I missed your call! Great news. Think I'm in shock a little bit lol I cannot reach Sean today so far so still have to break the news to him. Thank you for everything you have been fantastic and i will certainly be praising yourself and Visafirst to friends that talk about Immigration! Will speak to you soon.
Hi Damien, Yes I reached safely and have been working ever since, finally got online after purchasing my own laptop, I want to thank you and the team for a job well done. Thank you so much, everything is awesome, extremely sorry about late reply. Once again Thank You so much
Hey Rita, First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and effort in getting my visa for me. You have been very helpful and answered all my questions and queries that I had. My fiancé and I are very happy and excited about getting back to Australia so thank you so much! Thank you so much again Rita.
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
Canadian Money Transfers / Canada
Transfering money to Canada can be very easy. Visa First provides fast and easy money transfer services which have better rates than most banks. Get the annual subscription and you will have an unlimited number of transfers without fees....
Canadian SIM Card / Canada
A Canadian SIM Card will ensure you have a mobile phone connection immediately. It is service that will provide you with connection for all the set up services and contacts you need to start your life in Canada....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online