S1 Student Visa for Canada
If you wish to study in Canada for more than 6 months, you will need Canadian Student Visa.
There are more than 150,000 international students who go to Canada every year to study. Canadian universities and colleges are respected worldwide for their high quality of education. Tuition fees for international students in Canada, and the cost of living, are among the lowest in the world. Eligible students can gain valuable Canadian work experience through off-campus employment.
Visa Requirements & Processing Time
How long will it take to process my study permit application?
- For Ireland residents applying in Ireland the average processing time is 5 weeks after your documents are with the embassy.
- If you apply from the UK, the process will take around 2 weeks.
- For applications submitted in Canada - processing time of 7 weeks applies.
What are the requirements for the student visa for Canada?
- Provide a letter of acceptance from a Canadian education institution;
- Prove you have sufficient funds for: tuition fees, living expenses for you and anyone on the visa application (dependent/ guardian), return transportation fees;
- Provide a police check certificate showing a clean criminal record;
- Be in good health - you may be required to pass medical examinations;
- In-person immigration assessment will determine if you intentions are genuine, and you plan to return to your home country after your course ends.
Student Visa Assessment Factors
- The course you wish to study;
- The educational institution you wish to study at;
- Your age;
- Your country of citizenship;
- Your financial capacity to cover tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and your family in Canada and return transportation for yourself and your family;
- Your character;
- Your health - a medical examination may be necessary;
- Your capacity to satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.
Authorized Migration Consultant
Visa First employs the services of an authorized immigration expert in Canada. Your application will be assessed by an ICCRC registered agent. This guarantees your decision to choose Visa First is the safest option.
Contact Us Today
Start your free assessment today by either calling us on the phone or filling in our short contact form. A representative of ours will contact you shortly to confirm your details and assess your Canada student visa eligibility. You can also learn more about other options to migrate to Canada, such as the work permit, or the working holiday visa.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what point I can start preparing my application?
What if the course I want to attend to is shorter then 6 months?
Will I need to go to an interview?
What happens if my application is approved?
What happens when I arrive in Canada?
Is there any difference in the process if I want to study in Quebec?
What if I change my address?
How do I renew my study permit while I am in Canada?
Am I allowed to return home for a visit or travel outside Canada during my studies?
If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have:
- a valid passport or travel documents
- a valid study permit if you are returning to study in Canada and
- a valid temporary resident visa if you are a citizen of a designated country for which Canada requires a visa.
If you are a citizen of a designated country and you travel to a country other than the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, you will need a multiple-entry visa to re-enter Canada. If your temporary resident visa has expired or if your visa was only valid for a single entry, you must re-apply for a temporary resident visa at a Canadian visa office outside Canada before you can re-enter Canada.
How do I find out if I can work while studying in Canada?
Can I apply from within Canada?
Group Bookings for Canada Study Permit Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
I just wanted to thank Visa First for the processing of our application. We were fortunate to have Nicky Andrews assist us with our application. She was immediately helpful from when she first took on my queries. Nicky constantly kept us updated via email and/or phone. When we asked questions she responded immediately. She also helped us track our application when it was being handled by the consulate. I am more than happy to promote your services to others. Many thanks especially to Nicky.
I just wanted to let you both know that today I received my UK YMS visa. I went to the Consulate General here in Duesseldolf, Germany, last Wednesday and so getting it back today was much quicker than I expected. Thanks for all your help with my application, and thanks to Visa First - much appreciated.
George I would just like to thank you and your team for everything you guys have done for me and Alana. You have made our dream of returning to Australia possible and for that we are so grateful. You have changed our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over for all your hard work and time you guys put in to helping us to make our dreams come true. Peace and love and happiness to you and yours. Take care George! Over and out my friend. Australia here we come...
Hi Antonia and Kimberley Just wanted to let you know that my working holiday visa was approved last week! Thankyou both so much for all your help in getting this sorted- I've got no doubt that without your input I'd be destined for the UK's 'undesirables' list! Would have liked to have come down in person but have been flat out trying to organise everything as I fly out early next week, but if you ever make it over to the UK I'd be more than happy to shout a few beers! Thanks again for all your help. Cheers
I had applied for my Irish Green Card through you guys and finally I got the permit from India. There were a few hassles with the Irish Embassy in India where they kept asking for my P60, Bank statements, etc. but Brian, my manager intervened and got it sorted through visafirst.com. Many thanks to you both for taking my application and processing it.
I couldn't fault Visa First they looked after all aspects of my Visa and made what I thought would have been a lot of organising seem as easy as going for a walk. They always rang back if I had a question and they were attentive to all my queries, keep up the good work. I would recommend Visa First services to anybody.
Other Suitable Visas
- Canada Business Immigration Program Visa
- Canada Experience Class Programme Visa
- Canada Family Class Visa
- Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa
- Canada International Co-Op Catergory Internship Visa
- Canada Parent And Grandparent Super Visa
- Canada Provincial Nominee Program Visa
- Canada Tourist Visa
- Canada Working Holiday Visa
- Canada Work Permit Visa
- Canada Young Professionals Visa
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online