China Visa - Information, Requirements, FAQs
To enter China for business or tourist purposes you are required to have a Chinese business or tourist visa. Having over 10 years experience in visa processing, Visa First will process your application with the local Embassy through to completion, saving you the hassle of dealing directly with government officials, as well as the time and inconvenience to queue before the consulate section.
China Business and Holiday Visa
- Visa validity: up to 12 months
- Processing time: 5/10 days
- Allowed cumulative stay: up to 90 days
- Validity: 3/6/12 months
- Entries allowed: single, double, multiple
- Price: starting from €105
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the visa cost?
For China Visa processing (including all embassy fees) we charge:
|Duration||Type||Processing time||IE Nationals||UK Nationals||CA Nationals||AU Nationals||US Nationals|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||3 working days||-||£255||-||AUD 283.50||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||5 working days||€135||£210||CA$ 189||AUD 231.50||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||10 working days||€105||-||-||AUD 158.50||£220|
|3-Month||Double-entry||3 working days||-||£255||-||-||-|
|3-Month||Double-entry||5 working days||-||£210||CA$ 214||-||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||5 working days||€155||£255||-||AUD 261.50||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||10 working days||€125||£210||-||AUD 188.50||£220|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€185||£255||CA$ 239||AUD 291.50||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€155||£210||-||AUD 218.50||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€220||£255||CA$ 289||AUD 351.50||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€185||£210||-||AUD 278.50||£220|
Where do I get the application form from?
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders; If you hold another passport - please contact us on 866 772 9245 (local number based on your device location) or request a callback.
What are the requirements for a visa for China?
- Passport requirements - valid at least 6 months after your return and 2 blank pages.
- Chinese Embassy visa application form - we will provide you with one.
- Photo requirements - one identity passport-size photograph, in colour on photographic paper and plain/ white background;
- For tourist visas - a hotel booking confirmation or an invitation letter from the person who invites you to stay in China;
- For business visas - an invitation letter from a hosting company in China, on headed paper, signed and stamped, detailing the purpose of your visit, the address of the company inviting you, the dates of visit and if you require one or multiple entries.
- Flight itinerary or copy of return flight tickets;
- Completed Visa First application form;
Do I need an invitation letter? Where to get one from?
Can I leave and re-enter China? Am I allowed multiple entries?
How long is my Chinese Visa valid for?
Single-entry Chinese visas, whether for business or tourism, are usually valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Double Entry visas are valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue. Multiple-entry Chinese visas are valid for 6 or 12 months and are only issued according to official invitation for a business visitor. The duration of stay allowed on the visa may vary.
Please bear in mind that the visa must be activated within 3 months from the date of issue.
How long does it take to organize?
Can I visit Hong Kong on a Chinese visa?
Hong Kong is a special administrative region and has its own visa regime. The Chinese visa does not cover a visit to Hong Kong. That’s why you need a Single entry visa to China and check if you are eligible to visa-free stay in Hong Kong.
- Australia citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- British citizens – up to 180 days visa free stay
- British Overseas Territories citizens; British Overseas citizens; British subjects & British Protection persons – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Canadian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- French citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- German citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Irish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Italian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Spanish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for China Tourist Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
I had applied for my Irish Green Card through you guys and finally I got the permit from India. There were a few hassles with the Irish Embassy in India where they kept asking for my P60, Bank statements, etc. but Brian, my manager intervened and got it sorted through visafirst.com. Many thanks to you both for taking my application and processing it.
Hi Liz, I’ve just arrived in Perth and have to say I was a little bit afraid that it would take a while to settle. I’ve found a job already and am loving it. Thanks for sorting out that apartment for me. You’ve been brill. Sarah
Hello Milena, I am in the process of applying for a Youth Mobility Visa. I'm just writing to inform you of how helpful your member of staff Daisy Martin has been, she has helped me step by step through the whole process and has answered every query of mine very professionally. She has also been very kind and has given me helpful advice, she is very good at her job. Kind Regards
Thank you for checking in and thanks to all in Visa First for all your help for my initial move to Sunny Australia in 2014. Have recommended you to all my friends planning to do the same. Thanks again, Lisa-Marie
I just wanted to let you both know that today I received my UK YMS visa. I went to the Consulate General here in Duesseldolf, Germany, last Wednesday and so getting it back today was much quicker than I expected. Thanks for all your help with my application, and thanks to Visa First - much appreciated.
Hi Debbie/ Declan, Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! My boys are jumping around and hugging me haha. All the stress and uncertainty has now been worth it. I have just rang Mary and explained to her we dont need the 457 visa now and she is fine. Happy for us and there is still a job there for me if I want it. Champagne in the fridge for dinner this evening. Thanks again for all your hard work. Kind Regards, Janet
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
China Tourist Voucher/ Invitation Letter / China
To get a visa for China you must provide an invitation letter from a Chinese entity or person. It must be verified by the relevant Chinese authority, and Visa First can provide you with an invitation letter with your visa at an additional cost....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online