China Visa - Information, Requirements, FAQs
To enter China for tourist purposes you are required to have a Chinese tourist visa. Having over 10 years' experience in visa processing, we can assist you get a single, double or multiple entry visa for the duration of up to 12 months, without the hassle of dealing directly with government officials.
Chinese Tourist Visa
- Visa validity: up to 12 months
- Processing time: 5/10 days
- Allowed cumulative stay: up to 90 days
- Validity: 3/6/12 months
- Entries allowed: single, double, multiple
- Price: starting from €105
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the visa cost?
For China Visa processing (including all embassy fees) we charge:
|Duration||Type||Processing time||IE Nationals||UK Nationals||CA Nationals||AU Nationals||US Nationals|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||3 working days||-||£255||-||AUD 283.50||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||5 working days||€135||£210||CA$ 189||AUD 231.50||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||10 working days||€105||-||-||AUD 158.50||£220|
|3-Month||Double-entry||3 working days||-||£255||-||-||-|
|3-Month||Double-entry||5 working days||-||£210||CA$ 214||-||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||5 working days||€155||£255||-||AUD 261.50||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||10 working days||€125||£210||-||AUD 188.50||£220|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€185||£255||CA$ 239||AUD 291.50||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€155||£210||-||AUD 218.50||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€220||£255||CA$ 289||AUD 351.50||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€185||£210||-||AUD 278.50||£220|
Where do I get the application form from?
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders; If you hold another passport - please contact us on 866 772 9245 (local number based on your device location) or request a callback.
What are the requirements for a visa for China?
- Passport requirements - valid at least 6 months after your return and 2 blank pages.
- Chinese Embassy visa application form - we will provide you with one.
- Photo requirements - one identity passport-size photograph, in colour on photographic paper and plain/ white background;
- For tourist visas - a hotel booking confirmation or an invitation letter from the person who invites you to stay in China;
- For business visas - an invitation letter from a hosting company in China, on headed paper, signed and stamped, detailing the purpose of your visit, the address of the company inviting you, the dates of visit and if you require one or multiple entries.
- Flight itinerary or copy of return flight tickets;
- Completed Visa First application form;
Do I need an invitation letter? Where to get one from?
Can I leave and re-enter China? Am I allowed multiple entries?
How long is my Chinese Visa valid for?
Single-entry Chinese visas, whether for business or tourism, are usually valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Double Entry visas are valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue. Multiple-entry Chinese visas are valid for 6 or 12 months and are only issued according to official invitation for a business visitor. The duration of stay allowed on the visa may vary.
Please bear in mind that the visa must be activated within 3 months from the date of issue.
How long does it take to organize?
Can I visit Hong Kong on a Chinese visa?
Hong Kong is a special administrative region and has its own visa regime. The Chinese visa does not cover a visit to Hong Kong. That’s why you need a Single entry visa to China and check if you are eligible to visa-free stay in Hong Kong.
- Australia citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- British citizens – up to 180 days visa free stay
- British Overseas Territories citizens; British Overseas citizens; British subjects & British Protection persons – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Canadian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- French citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- German citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Irish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Italian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Spanish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for China Tourist Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Antonia, Thank you so much for all your help. The visa arrived today. I have been very impressed with the promptness of your replies and how you have answered my questions so directly. Thanks again, Ben Stone
Dear Rita, It is our son Joshua's 9th birthday today, we couldn't of wished for a better present then the news of our Visa granted this morning. Myself and my family would like to say a very big thank you for all your help over the past few years to help start our new life in Australia. All the very best James and family.
Thank you for checking in and thanks to all in Visa First for all your help for my initial move to Sunny Australia in 2014. Have recommended you to all my friends planning to do the same. Thanks again, Lisa-Marie
Hi Karen! I just wanted to write you a quick note to say thank you so much for all of the help that you and the Visa First team has provided to me over the past few weeks. Also, I literally JUST received my U.K. Youth Mobility Scheme Visa about 30 seconds ago, so I wanted to share the good news with you!
Karen! You intrigue me! I might have to pass through Ireland just to see your smiling face! I'd have to pack a coat and gloves? But, really your kindness is alluring. Bisous, Bradley
Good Afternoon, I have just come of the phone with your operator Alan in Kilkenny. It is the first time ever I have come off the phone with a call centre Stress free. If all of your staff are a polite and helpful as this gent, you have in my opinion an excellent workforce. I as of yet do not know if your company can be of assistance, but if you can I will without hesitation be on the phone. I would like to commend you on a customer centre based in Ireland, and the excellent quality of service offered.
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
China Tourist Voucher/ Invitation Letter / China
To get a visa for China you must provide an invitation letter from a Chinese entity or person. It must be verified by the relevant Chinese authority, and Visa First can provide you with an invitation letter with your visa at an additional cost....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online