China Visa - Information, Requirements, FAQs
To enter China for tourist purposes you are required to have a Chinese tourist visa. Having over 10 years' experience in visa processing, we can assist you get a single, double or multiple entry visa for the duration of up to 12 months, without the hassle of dealing directly with government officials.
Chinese Tourist Visa
- Visa validity: up to 12 months
- Processing time: 5/10 days
- Allowed cumulative stay: up to 90 days
- Validity: 3/6/12 months
- Entries allowed: single, double, multiple
- Price: starting from €105
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the visa cost?
For China Visa processing (including all embassy fees) we charge:
|Duration||Type||Processing time||IE Nationals||UK Nationals||US Nationals||Other Nationals|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||5 working days||€135||£225||€220||€130|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||10 working days||€105||-||€185||€95|
|3-Month||Double-entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|3-Month||Double-entry||5 working days||€155||£225||€220||€160|
|3-Month||Double-entry||10 working days||€125||-||€185||€125|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||5 working days||-||-||-||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||10 working days||-||-||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€185||£225||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€155||-||£220||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€220||£225||-||€220|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€185||-||£220||-|
Where do I get the application form from?
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders; If you hold another passport - please contact us on 866 772 9245 (local number based on your device location) or request a callback.
What are the requirements for a visa for China?
- Passport requirements - valid at least 6 months after your return and 2 blank pages.
- Chinese Embassy visa application form - we will provide you with one.
- Photo requirements - one identity passport-size photograph, in colour on photographic paper and plain/ white background;
- For tourist visas - a hotel booking confirmation or an invitation letter from the person who invites you to stay in China;
- For business visas - an invitation letter from a hosting company in China, on headed paper, signed and stamped, detailing the purpose of your visit, the address of the company inviting you, the dates of visit and if you require one or multiple entries.
- Flight itinerary or copy of return flight tickets;
- Completed Visa First application form;
Do I need an invitation letter? Where to get one from?
Can I leave and re-enter China? Am I allowed multiple entries?
How long is my Chinese Visa valid for?
Single-entry Chinese visas, whether for business or tourism, are usually valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Double Entry visas are valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue. Multiple-entry Chinese visas are valid for 6 or 12 months and are only issued according to official invitation for a business visitor. The duration of stay allowed on the visa may vary.
Please bear in mind that the visa must be activated within 3 months from the date of issue.
How long does it take to organize?
Can I visit Hong Kong on a Chinese visa?
Hong Kong is a special administrative region and has its own visa regime. The Chinese visa does not cover a visit to Hong Kong. That’s why you need a Single entry visa to China and check if you are eligible to visa-free stay in Hong Kong.
- Australia citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- British citizens – up to 180 days visa free stay
- British Overseas Territories citizens; British Overseas citizens; British subjects & British Protection persons – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Canadian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- French citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- German citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Irish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Italian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Spanish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for China Tourist Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Daisy, Likewise! Yeah I received my Visa back a few weeks ago at the end of March so it went through a lot quicker than what I thought which was really good! Thanks for all your assistance and help Daisy, really appreciate it! Best Wishes, Richard Partington
Hi Liz, I wanted to thank you for all your work and dedication to our case over the last year.I know that it's your job however I just wanted to tell you that you are good at your job and keep it up. Its so nice to deal with someone so empathic and helpful as you were. Things going smoothly at the mo so thank you.
Cheers for all your help. I'd just like to say I have found visafirst very good people to do business with. Very helpful, fast and efficient. Thanks for returning my call at the time you said you would and for advising me on the pack for New Zealand which includes the bank account and IRD number. You have made my heading to New Zealand less stressfull. Much appreciated.
Just a short note to thank everyone at Visa First for the very efficient and prompt way that you have processed Philip Derby's Russian visa. I will most certainly contact you again as requirements arise for various visa applications. Kind regards
Hi Antonia, Thank you so much for all your help. The visa arrived today. I have been very impressed with the promptness of your replies and how you have answered my questions so directly. Thanks again, Ben Stone
I have found Visa First to be one of the easiest companies I've ever dealt with. The whole process has been great and the staff have been exceptional in dealing with any queries I have had in no time at all. I would definitely recommend them.
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online