China Visa - Information, Requirements, FAQs
To enter China for tourist purposes you are required to have a Chinese tourist visa. Having over 10 years' experience in visa processing, we can assist you get a single, double or multiple entry visa for the duration of up to 12 months, without the hassle of dealing directly with government officials.
Chinese Tourist Visa
- Visa validity: up to 12 months
- Processing time: 5/10 days
- Allowed cumulative stay: up to 90 days
- Validity: 3/6/12 months
- Entries allowed: single, double, multiple
- Price: starting from €105
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the visa cost?
For China Visa processing (including all embassy fees) we charge:
|Duration||Type||Processing time||IE Nationals||UK Nationals||US Nationals||Other Nationals|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||5 working days||€135||£225||€220||€130|
|3-Month||Single-Entry||10 working days||€105||-||€185||€95|
|3-Month||Double-entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|3-Month||Double-entry||5 working days||€155||£225||€220||€160|
|3-Month||Double-entry||10 working days||€125||-||€185||€125|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||5 working days||-||-||-||-|
|6-Month||Double-Entry||10 working days||-||-||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€185||£225||-||-|
|6-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€155||-||£220||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||3 working days||-||£270||-||-|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||5 working days||€220||£225||-||€220|
|12-Month||Multiple-Entry||10 working days||€185||-||£220||-|
Where do I get the application form from?
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in Ireland for Irish passport holders;
- China tourist visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders;
- China business visa application form - for processing in UK for UK passport holders; If you hold another passport - please contact us on 01 878 3329 (local number based on your device location) or request a callback.
What are the requirements for a visa for China?
- Passport requirements - valid at least 6 months after your return and 2 blank pages.
- Chinese Embassy visa application form - we will provide you with one.
- Photo requirements - one identity passport-size photograph, in colour on photographic paper and plain/ white background;
- For tourist visas - a hotel booking confirmation or an invitation letter from the person who invites you to stay in China;
- For business visas - an invitation letter from a hosting company in China, on headed paper, signed and stamped, detailing the purpose of your visit, the address of the company inviting you, the dates of visit and if you require one or multiple entries.
- Flight itinerary or copy of return flight tickets;
- Completed Visa First application form;
Do I need an invitation letter? Where to get one from?
Can I leave and re-enter China? Am I allowed multiple entries?
How long is my Chinese Visa valid for?
Single-entry Chinese visas, whether for business or tourism, are usually valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Double Entry visas are valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue. Multiple-entry Chinese visas are valid for 6 or 12 months and are only issued according to official invitation for a business visitor. The duration of stay allowed on the visa may vary.
Please bear in mind that the visa must be activated within 3 months from the date of issue.
How long does it take to organize?
Can I visit Hong Kong on a Chinese visa?
Hong Kong is a special administrative region and has its own visa regime. The Chinese visa does not cover a visit to Hong Kong. That’s why you need a Single entry visa to China and check if you are eligible to visa-free stay in Hong Kong.
- Australia citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- British citizens – up to 180 days visa free stay
- British Overseas Territories citizens; British Overseas citizens; British subjects & British Protection persons – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Canadian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- French citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- German citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Irish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Italian citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
- Spanish citizens – up to 90 days visa free stay
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for China Tourist Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Edwina, I would like thank you for all your help, support and advise throughout our application, we could not have done it without you. I hope Visafirst appreciate all your efforts because we really do! Once again a huge thank you! You're a legend! Regards, Alan & Yvonne
Hey Rita, First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and effort in getting my visa for me. You have been very helpful and answered all my questions and queries that I had. My fiancé and I are very happy and excited about getting back to Australia so thank you so much! Thank you so much again Rita.
Just a quick email to say thank you so much to Visafirst and Hanna in the London office for your help with my Chinese visa. Hanna was a star and kept me up to date all the time. I had already booked my trip to the States. I hoped I'd have my passport and Chinese Visa back in time (as I was off to China the following week) and thanks to Hanna I did. She called me Friday to let me know my Visa should be ready Monday AM and it was. I received my passport and went straight to the airport and all was good, then off to China next week. Great job and thanks again guys for such an efficient service.
Dear All, Many thanks to you for all your help and advise in helping me get my Skilled Migrant Visa. I'm absolutley delighted! My intention is to head down to Brisbane in May this year and I'm really looking forward to it. I have no hesitation recommending VisaFirst / MigrationAbroad to anybody and a friend has already taken my advise and is applying for his visa with yourselves. Thanks again, Stephen
I had applied for my Irish Green Card through you guys and finally I got the permit from India. There were a few hassles with the Irish Embassy in India where they kept asking for my P60, Bank statements, etc. but Brian, my manager intervened and got it sorted through visafirst.com. Many thanks to you both for taking my application and processing it.
I have found Visa First to be one of the easiest companies I've ever dealt with. The whole process has been great and the staff have been exceptional in dealing with any queries I have had in no time at all. I would definitely recommend them.
Other Suitable Visas
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online