Irish PassportThe Irish passport is official identity document which allows you to travel live and work within Ireland. Holding an Irish passport gives you the right to live and work within the European Union. You are entitled to have an Irish passport if you are Irish citizen or in several other occasions listed below.
You may apply for Irish passport:
- If you are Irish citizen
- If either of your parents are Irish citizens regardless of where you live.
- if one of your parents was an Irish citizen at the time of your birth (regardless of your place of birth);
- if one of your grandparents is an Irish citizen, but none of your parents was born in Ireland;
- through naturalization;
How to Apply for Irish Passport
- You need to submit request for Irish passport on VisaFirst website application page
- You will receive a list of requirements for the application process
- Standard processing time is 10 working days. The processing time frame varies and applications could take longer in some cases. Additional time may be required for the passport card to be sent back to you.
- First timer - the processing time could take between 6-10 weeks for people applying from Great Britain
- Passport Renewal - up to 10-12 working days.
- Passport Renewal express service could take up to 3-5 working days.
How long my Irish passport take to be organized
How long my Irish passport will be valid
Choose the Reliable Migration Agency
With over 10 years of experience in visa and passport processing, Visa First will make sure your application meets all requirements, thus maximising your chances of success. Our in-house migration agents guarantee a strict code of conduct will be followed when processing your application.
Why Choose Visa First
- Free assessment over the phone or online.
- Your application won't be lodged unless it meets the immigration requirements, thus we will save you money in case you are not eligible for the visa.
- You get over 10 years of visa processing experience on your side.
- Your application will be represented by a trusted passport agent.
- Our dedicated customer support team is available for help before, during, and after your application. You have direct access to visa specialists who process over 50,000 visa inquiries a year.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
To apply for Irish passport you need:
- at least one of your parents was an Irish citizen when you were born or:
- at least one of your grandparents is an Irish citizen.
- applicant must show that he/she have lived in the State legally for at least 1,825 or 1,826 days over the last 9 years
- be at least 18 years of age or be a minor born in the State;
- have had a period of 365 days (1 year) continuous residence in the State immediately before applying and
- during the 8 years preceding that, have had a total residence in the State amounting to 1,460 days (4 years);
- altogether you must have 5 years (5 x 365 days) residence out of the last 9 years.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Edwina, I would like thank you for all your help, support and advise throughout our application, we could not have done it without you. I hope Visafirst appreciate all your efforts because we really do! Once again a huge thank you! You're a legend! Regards, Alan & Yvonne
Hi Antonia, Thank you so much for all your help. The visa arrived today. I have been very impressed with the promptness of your replies and how you have answered my questions so directly. Thanks again, Ben Stone
Hey Rita, First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and effort in getting my visa for me. You have been very helpful and answered all my questions and queries that I had. My fiancé and I are very happy and excited about getting back to Australia so thank you so much! Thank you so much again Rita.
To whom it may concern, Our company has been working with Visa First for the last year. Debbie Ivins has been our point of contact. She is very fast and efficient with dealing with any requests and has been very helpful and knowledgeable with any of our visa queries we may have. We will continue to use Visa First in the New Year and would recommend their services to anyone with visa requirements.
Hi John, I would like to confirm I have received my employment permit. Finally I can start planning for my Canadian adventure which I am really looking forward to. I am very grateful to you and all the team for providing me with such a great service in completing my application. With much appreciation
Hi Damien, Yes I reached safely and have been working ever since, finally got online after purchasing my own laptop, I want to thank you and the team for a job well done. Thank you so much, everything is awesome, extremely sorry about late reply. Once again Thank You so much
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online