Work Visa Extension
If you are in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, you can get it extended for an additional 3 months. You don’t need a job offer – just evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries.
Your new work visa will have 3 months validity after the expiry date of your initial allowed stay. It will inherit the conditions of your first working holiday visa.
There are just a few conditions that you need to meet with if you plan to secure an extension to your Working Holiday visa:
- Be in New Zealand on a valid working holiday visa at the time of applying.
- Show evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries in New Zealand while on your first Working Holiday visa;
- Continue to maintain sufficient enough funds to cover your stay in New Zealand and be able to buy a return or onward ticket;
- Continue to hold medical insurance if this was a requirement of your first working holiday visa.
- You must not have previously applied for extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is seasonal work?
When is the best time to apply?
How do I apply?
Do I need a job offer?
How long will my application take to process?
Conditions & Entitlements
- You may work with any employer in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries to obtain the required 3 months of seasonal work and it does not have to be continuous work.
- On completion of your seasonal work, you are entitled stay in New Zealand for to an additional 3 months once your application for a Working Holiday visa extension has been approved.
- You must use this extra 3 months immediately after your initial working holiday visa expires thus allowing you to be in New Zealand for a continuous 15 month period.
- The visa extension allows you multiple entry to travel in and out of New Zealand.
- If medical insurance was a requirement while on your first working holiday visa, you must continue to maintain your medical insurance for the additional 3 month extension period also.
- You are permitted to study in New Zealand for a period of up to 6 months during your total stay (15 months) in New Zealand.
- You can stay longer in New Zealand if you apply for another visa (including Work Permit, student, and residency visas) if you meet the requirements and apply in time.
Book New Zealand Working Holiday Extension VisaBook Online
To book your visa by phone
Call 01 878 3329
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Liz, Hope you are feeling better, thanks for your e-mail it was a great surprize I was delighted to hear that I have been granted my visa and that I can stay in Oz with my boyfriend Dwayne. We are going into our summer at the moment and the weather is great, I hear ye have a lot of flooding at home peoples houses destroyed and others living in fear of flooding. I hope you do not live near any of the flooding.
Thank you for checking in and thanks to all in Visa First for all your help for my initial move to Sunny Australia in 2014. Have recommended you to all my friends planning to do the same. Thanks again, Lisa-Marie
Dear Rita, It is our son Joshua's 9th birthday today, we couldn't of wished for a better present then the news of our Visa granted this morning. Myself and my family would like to say a very big thank you for all your help over the past few years to help start our new life in Australia. All the very best James and family.
To Jason, I am just writing to say thank you, to you and your team, for being so accommodating and understanding. Thank you for your assisstance and efficient service over the last few days. Regards, John
Hi Edwina, I would like thank you for all your help, support and advise throughout our application, we could not have done it without you. I hope Visafirst appreciate all your efforts because we really do! Once again a huge thank you! You're a legend! Regards, Alan & Yvonne
Hey Chris, Thanks for letting me know last night, made me sleep a little easier lol. Cheers again for all your help, you made things very easy and will defo pass on your details to any friends planning on a 457. All the best mate.
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
New Zealand Bank Account / New Zealand
Visa First makes sure you can start working and getting paid as soon as you get to New Zealand. We will organise your New Zealand bank account before you leave home which means you can transfer money in advance and access it as soon as you arrive....
New Zealand IRD Number / New Zealand
To work in New Zealand, you will need a New Zealand Tax Number – called an Inland Revenue Department (IRD) number. Without an IRD number you will pay tax at the emergency rate of 48%. The Visa First NZ Taxsaver Pack gives you step-by-step instructions for getting your NZ IRD number fast so you can start earning and pay tax at the normal rate of 29%....
New Zealand SIM Card / New Zealand
A New Zealand SIM Card will give you the chance to have mobile phone access and internet access right from the start of your stay in New Zealand....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online