Work Visa Extension
If you are in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, you can get it extended for an additional 3 months. You don’t need a job offer – just evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries.
Your new work visa will have 3 months validity after the expiry date of your initial allowed stay. It will inherit the conditions of your first working holiday visa.
There are just a few conditions that you need to meet with if you plan to secure an extension to your Working Holiday visa:
- Be in New Zealand on a valid working holiday visa at the time of applying.
- Show evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries in New Zealand while on your first Working Holiday visa;
- Continue to maintain sufficient enough funds to cover your stay in New Zealand and be able to buy a return or onward ticket;
- Continue to hold medical insurance if this was a requirement of your first working holiday visa.
- You must not have previously applied for extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is seasonal work?
When is the best time to apply?
How do I apply?
Do I need a job offer?
How long will my application take to process?
Conditions & Entitlements
- You may work with any employer in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries to obtain the required 3 months of seasonal work and it does not have to be continuous work.
- On completion of your seasonal work, you are entitled stay in New Zealand for to an additional 3 months once your application for a Working Holiday visa extension has been approved.
- You must use this extra 3 months immediately after your initial working holiday visa expires thus allowing you to be in New Zealand for a continuous 15 month period.
- The visa extension allows you multiple entry to travel in and out of New Zealand.
- If medical insurance was a requirement while on your first working holiday visa, you must continue to maintain your medical insurance for the additional 3 month extension period also.
- You are permitted to study in New Zealand for a period of up to 6 months during your total stay (15 months) in New Zealand.
- You can stay longer in New Zealand if you apply for another visa (including Work Permit, student, and residency visas) if you meet the requirements and apply in time.
Book New Zealand Working Holiday Extension VisaBook Online
To book your visa by phone
Call 866 772 9245
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hi Ross, That's excellent news! Thank you very much for your help you've been excellent. If there is any review process I can do in order to show any superiors that you were incredibly helpful, then I'd be more than happy to do so. Thank you again!
Dear Management, I would like to take this opportunity to commend the service we have received during our Skilled Visa process with Visa First, but particularly on the hand delivered service by Amanda Carter. She has been nothing but helpful, informative, responsive and professional. In all our dealings with her she has always taken the time to answer our questions and queries fully and promptly. She has a very friendly and positive attitude making the whole process a positive experience. I think employees and people like her deserve a thank you and more importantly recognition. Hard work, thoroughness and ability are part and parcel of her way of dealing with her clients. Thank you, Laura Magan
Hi Liz, I’ve just arrived in Perth and have to say I was a little bit afraid that it would take a while to settle. I’ve found a job already and am loving it. Thanks for sorting out that apartment for me. You’ve been brill. Sarah
Amanda/Debbie Just got a phone call from my immigration case officer letting me know that the 457 visa has been granted. Thanks for all your help in this and will be back to visa first in the future when applying for residency. Regards Kevin O Connell
Hey Rita, First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and effort in getting my visa for me. You have been very helpful and answered all my questions and queries that I had. My fiancé and I are very happy and excited about getting back to Australia so thank you so much! Thank you so much again Rita.
Edwina, Perfect i will just stop in London. Cheers again for all the help and I must comment you and your staff especially Ana as i am 100% sure without her chasing me for information and ""original letters"" I would not have recieved my visa today (and i doubt if ever). Cheers again for all the help and if you are speeking to Ana thank her from me. Paudy
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
International Driving Licence (IDL) / New Zealand
An International Drivers' Licence shows that you hold a valid Driver's Licence in your country of origin and will allow you to drive in New Zealand. The IDL is translated into eight languages and means that police and other authorities in different countries can understand your licence in their own language. You need to get your IDL before you leave for New Zealand. If you are an Irish resident, Visa First can organise your IDL in just 24 hours after we receive your application. To apply you'll need an application form, a copy of your Irish Driver's Licence and a passport photo....
Money Transfers (NZ) / New Zealand
If you organise your bank account with Visa First, you will be able to transfer money to and from New Zealand at the lowest rates for international money exchange. Contact us today and learn why we provide the lowest international funds transfers rates....
New Zealand Bank Account / New Zealand
Visa First makes sure you can start working and getting paid as soon as you get to New Zealand. We will organise your New Zealand bank account before you leave home which means you can transfer money in advance and access it as soon as you arrive....
New Zealand IRD Number / New Zealand
To work in New Zealand, you will need a New Zealand Tax Number – called an Inland Revenue Department (IRD) number. Without an IRD number you will pay tax at the emergency rate of 48%. The Visa First NZ Taxsaver Pack gives you step-by-step instructions for getting your NZ IRD number fast so you can start earning and pay tax at the normal rate of 29%....
NZ Tax Refunds / New Zealand
Most working holiday makers overpay tax in New Zealand and are owed a tax refund at the end of the tax year. Our customers get average refunds of $500 from New Zealand. As part of the Visa First Taxsaver Pack we'll help you get your New Zealand tax back....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online