Work Visa Extension
If you are in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, you can get it extended for an additional 3 months. You don’t need a job offer – just evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries.
Your new work visa will have 3 months validity after the expiry date of your initial allowed stay. It will inherit the conditions of your first working holiday visa.
There are just a few conditions that you need to meet with if you plan to secure an extension to your Working Holiday visa:
- Be in New Zealand on a valid working holiday visa at the time of applying.
- Show evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries in New Zealand while on your first Working Holiday visa;
- Continue to maintain sufficient enough funds to cover your stay in New Zealand and be able to buy a return or onward ticket;
- Continue to hold medical insurance if this was a requirement of your first working holiday visa.
- You must not have previously applied for extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is seasonal work?
When is the best time to apply?
How do I apply?
Do I need a job offer?
How long will my application take to process?
Conditions & Entitlements
- You may work with any employer in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries to obtain the required 3 months of seasonal work and it does not have to be continuous work.
- On completion of your seasonal work, you are entitled stay in New Zealand for to an additional 3 months once your application for a Working Holiday visa extension has been approved.
- You must use this extra 3 months immediately after your initial working holiday visa expires thus allowing you to be in New Zealand for a continuous 15 month period.
- The visa extension allows you multiple entry to travel in and out of New Zealand.
- If medical insurance was a requirement while on your first working holiday visa, you must continue to maintain your medical insurance for the additional 3 month extension period also.
- You are permitted to study in New Zealand for a period of up to 6 months during your total stay (15 months) in New Zealand.
- You can stay longer in New Zealand if you apply for another visa (including Work Permit, student, and residency visas) if you meet the requirements and apply in time.
Book New Zealand Working Holiday Extension VisaBook Online
To book your visa by phone
Call 866 772 9245
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Good Afternoon, I have just come of the phone with your operator Alan in Kilkenny. It is the first time ever I have come off the phone with a call centre Stress free. If all of your staff are a polite and helpful as this gent, you have in my opinion an excellent workforce. I as of yet do not know if your company can be of assistance, but if you can I will without hesitation be on the phone. I would like to commend you on a customer centre based in Ireland, and the excellent quality of service offered.
Thanks again Daisy! Make sure you let your Manager know that you have a very happy customer here and that you were a wonderful help! Thank you and take care. Greta Sian Robinson
Hi Declan, Got word on visa. Passport being renewed as we speak. May I say you have been great. Edward and Damien have been outstanding! Thank you for everything and we will now start the ball rolling on residency.
Hi Edwina, I would like thank you for all your help, support and advise throughout our application, we could not have done it without you. I hope Visafirst appreciate all your efforts because we really do! Once again a huge thank you! You're a legend! Regards, Alan & Yvonne
Hey Rita, First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and effort in getting my visa for me. You have been very helpful and answered all my questions and queries that I had. My fiancé and I are very happy and excited about getting back to Australia so thank you so much! Thank you so much again Rita.
Hi Daisy, Likewise! Yeah I received my Visa back a few weeks ago at the end of March so it went through a lot quicker than what I thought which was really good! Thanks for all your assistance and help Daisy, really appreciate it! Best Wishes, Richard Partington
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
International Driving Licence (IDL) / New Zealand
An International Drivers' Licence shows that you hold a valid Driver's Licence in your country of origin and will allow you to drive in New Zealand. The IDL is translated into eight languages and means that police and other authorities in different countries can understand your licence in their own language. You need to get your IDL before you leave for New Zealand. If you are an Irish resident, Visa First can organise your IDL in just 24 hours after we receive your application. To apply you'll need an application form, a copy of your Irish Driver's Licence and a passport photo....
Money Transfers (NZ) / New Zealand
If you organise your bank account with Visa First, you will be able to transfer money to and from New Zealand at the lowest rates for international money exchange. Contact us today and learn why we provide the lowest international funds transfers rates....
New Zealand Bank Account / New Zealand
Visa First makes sure you can start working and getting paid as soon as you get to New Zealand. We will organise your New Zealand bank account before you leave home which means you can transfer money in advance and access it as soon as you arrive....
New Zealand IRD Number / New Zealand
To work in New Zealand, you will need a New Zealand Tax Number – called an Inland Revenue Department (IRD) number. Without an IRD number you will pay tax at the emergency rate of 48%. The Visa First NZ Taxsaver Pack gives you step-by-step instructions for getting your NZ IRD number fast so you can start earning and pay tax at the normal rate of 29%....
New Zealand SIM Card / New Zealand
A New Zealand SIM Card will give you the chance to have mobile phone access and internet access right from the start of your stay in New Zealand....
NZ Tax Refunds / New Zealand
Most working holiday makers overpay tax in New Zealand and are owed a tax refund at the end of the tax year. Our customers get average refunds of $500 from New Zealand. As part of the Visa First Taxsaver Pack we'll help you get your New Zealand tax back....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online