Work Visa Extension
If you are in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, you can get it extended for an additional 3 months. You don’t need a job offer – just evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries.
Your new work visa will have 3 months validity after the expiry date of your initial allowed stay. It will inherit the conditions of your first working holiday visa.
There are just a few conditions that you need to meet with if you plan to secure an extension to your Working Holiday visa:
- Be in New Zealand on a valid working holiday visa at the time of applying.
- Show evidence that you have completed 3 months of seasonal work in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries in New Zealand while on your first Working Holiday visa;
- Continue to maintain sufficient enough funds to cover your stay in New Zealand and be able to buy a return or onward ticket;
- Continue to hold medical insurance if this was a requirement of your first working holiday visa.
- You must not have previously applied for extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is seasonal work?
When is the best time to apply?
How do I apply?
Do I need a job offer?
How long will my application take to process?
Conditions & Entitlements
- You may work with any employer in the Horticulture and/or Viticulture industries to obtain the required 3 months of seasonal work and it does not have to be continuous work.
- On completion of your seasonal work, you are entitled stay in New Zealand for to an additional 3 months once your application for a Working Holiday visa extension has been approved.
- You must use this extra 3 months immediately after your initial working holiday visa expires thus allowing you to be in New Zealand for a continuous 15 month period.
- The visa extension allows you multiple entry to travel in and out of New Zealand.
- If medical insurance was a requirement while on your first working holiday visa, you must continue to maintain your medical insurance for the additional 3 month extension period also.
- You are permitted to study in New Zealand for a period of up to 6 months during your total stay (15 months) in New Zealand.
- You can stay longer in New Zealand if you apply for another visa (including Work Permit, student, and residency visas) if you meet the requirements and apply in time.
Book New Zealand Working Holiday Extension VisaBook Online
To book your visa by phone
Call 01 878 3329
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Thank you very much, just to let you know you guys do a GREAT job, and its always a pleasure to talk to anyone of you. You can pass this comment to your manager if you want, so they know what a GREAT job you all do. Take Care Melissa Pillay
Hi Maria, How are you? I never got a chance to say thank you for all the work you did for me in getting my residency. I'd be delighted to recommend you to anybody looking to get their residency.
Hi Daisy, Thank you for all the help with my application! I have spoken recently with a few people who have applied directly through immigration and are having a lot of trouble contacting them, etc. I'm so glad I used visafirst and would recommend you guys to anyone wanting to apply for a visa! Thanks again
Approved RSMS visa - Hey George, Just a quick email to say thanks very much for all your help and work over the last year its much appreciated. We got there in the end. Thanking you again
Thank you so much for granting me my working holdiay visa for Australia. I am so excited about visiting Australia and I have friends there already waiting to show me around. I am sure I am going to miss my family and friends over here, but this is a once in a life time opportunity for me. Thank you, Aaron O Hare
Hi Damien, Yes I reached safely and have been working ever since, finally got online after purchasing my own laptop, I want to thank you and the team for a job well done. Thank you so much, everything is awesome, extremely sorry about late reply. Once again Thank You so much
Visafirst have a complete range of services to help people get sorted for their trip. See if you will need any of the below.
International Driving Licence (IDL) / New Zealand
An International Drivers' Licence shows that you hold a valid Driver's Licence in your country of origin and will allow you to drive in New Zealand. The IDL is translated into eight languages and means that police and other authorities in different countries can understand your licence in their own language. You need to get your IDL before you leave for New Zealand. If you are an Irish resident, Visa First can organise your IDL in just 24 hours after we receive your application. To apply you'll need an application form, a copy of your Irish Driver's Licence and a passport photo....
Money Transfers (NZ) / New Zealand
If you organise your bank account with Visa First, you will be able to transfer money to and from New Zealand at the lowest rates for international money exchange. Contact us today and learn why we provide the lowest international funds transfers rates....
New Zealand Bank Account / New Zealand
Visa First makes sure you can start working and getting paid as soon as you get to New Zealand. We will organise your New Zealand bank account before you leave home which means you can transfer money in advance and access it as soon as you arrive....
New Zealand IRD Number / New Zealand
To work in New Zealand, you will need a New Zealand Tax Number – called an Inland Revenue Department (IRD) number. Without an IRD number you will pay tax at the emergency rate of 48%. The Visa First NZ Taxsaver Pack gives you step-by-step instructions for getting your NZ IRD number fast so you can start earning and pay tax at the normal rate of 29%....
New Zealand SIM Card / New Zealand
A New Zealand SIM Card will give you the chance to have mobile phone access and internet access right from the start of your stay in New Zealand....
NZ Tax Refunds / New Zealand
Most working holiday makers overpay tax in New Zealand and are owed a tax refund at the end of the tax year. Our customers get average refunds of $500 from New Zealand. As part of the Visa First Taxsaver Pack we'll help you get your New Zealand tax back....
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online