The E-2 visa is for a national of a country with which the United States (U.S.) maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who is coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
Requirements for the Treaty Investor
- The investor, either a real or corporate person, must be a national of a treaty country.
- The investment must be substantial. It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage of investment for a low-cost business enterprise must be higher than the percentage of investment in a high-cost enterprise.
- The investment must be a real operating enterprise. Speculative or idle investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment.
- The investment may not be marginal. It must generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to the investor and family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the U.S.
- The investor must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed.
- The investor must be coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized skill capacity. Ordinary skilled and unskilled workers do not qualify.
E2 Visa Validity
Qualified treaty investors and employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant may be granted.
Family of E-2 Investors and Employees
Treaty investors and employees may be accompanied or followed by spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. These family members may seek E-2 visa as dependents and, if approved, generally will be granted the same period of stay as the employee. Spouses of E-2 workers may apply for work authorization.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of E-2 Treaty Investor visa?
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the U.S.
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- Stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications
- Bring your dependents or accompanying relatives and your spouse may also work while in the U.S.
How long can I stay in the US on investor visa?
What is E-2 treaty investor visa?
What are the limitations of E-2 visa?
- E-2 visas are available only to nationals of countries having trade treaties with the U.S
- You are restricted to work only for the specific employer or self-owned business that acted as your E-2 visa sponsor. However, you may also work for the treaty organization’s parent company or one of its subsidiaries as long as the:
- Relationship between the organizations is established
- Subsidiary employment requires executive, supervisory, or essential skills
- Terms and conditions of employment have not otherwise changed
- E-2 visas are approved for two years at a time which makes the application/extension process cumbersome.
Group Bookings for USA E2 Investment Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Dear Management, I would like to take this opportunity to commend the service we have received during our Skilled Visa process with Visa First, but particularly on the hand delivered service by Amanda Carter. She has been nothing but helpful, informative, responsive and professional. In all our dealings with her she has always taken the time to answer our questions and queries fully and promptly. She has a very friendly and positive attitude making the whole process a positive experience. I think employees and people like her deserve a thank you and more importantly recognition. Hard work, thoroughness and ability are part and parcel of her way of dealing with her clients. Thank you, Laura Magan
I had applied for my Irish Green Card through you guys and finally I got the permit from India. There were a few hassles with the Irish Embassy in India where they kept asking for my P60, Bank statements, etc. but Brian, my manager intervened and got it sorted through visafirst.com. Many thanks to you both for taking my application and processing it.
Hi Karen, I would like to extend my thanks to you for an outstanding job, for following up and executing a remarkable delivery of the two visa’s - a job very well done, you have 2 very happy customers! I love dealing with your company. Many thanks as always
Hi Miranda, I just wanted to let you know that I have arrived in Sydney ok and have got my bank card and everything sorted out. Everything was very stress free and uncomplicated with regards the banking which was great. Thanks for all your help. I have just found my P45 form from the job I just left in the UK so I will scan this to you tomorrow to see if I am entitled to any tax back. Thanks
Dear Mike and Daisy, Just to let you know that I got my UK Ancestry visa today, valid for 5 years! It only took 5 days to be processed. You were very efficient and knowledgeable. Thank you so much for your friendly assistance. If I'm in your area, I'm going to bring you a box of chocolates :-) and will recommend your service. Kind regards, Caroline
Dear Karen, Thank-you for all your help. We have received the documents and all the information is correct. We have both been really happy with the speed and service that we have received from both yourself and the Visafirst team, and will definitely be back in contact with any future travel / visa needs. Thanks again, have a great week, Michael Espana-McCartney
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online