The E-2 visa is for a national of a country with which the United States (U.S.) maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who is coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
Requirements for the Treaty Investor
- The investor, either a real or corporate person, must be a national of a treaty country.
- The investment must be substantial. It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage of investment for a low-cost business enterprise must be higher than the percentage of investment in a high-cost enterprise.
- The investment must be a real operating enterprise. Speculative or idle investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment.
- The investment may not be marginal. It must generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to the investor and family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the U.S.
- The investor must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed.
- The investor must be coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized skill capacity. Ordinary skilled and unskilled workers do not qualify.
E2 Visa Validity
Qualified treaty investors and employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant may be granted.
Family of E-2 Investors and Employees
Treaty investors and employees may be accompanied or followed by spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. These family members may seek E-2 visa as dependents and, if approved, generally will be granted the same period of stay as the employee. Spouses of E-2 workers may apply for work authorization.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of E-2 Treaty Investor visa?
- Work legally in the company that is the investment vehicle in the U.S.
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- Stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications
- Bring your dependents or accompanying relatives and your spouse may also work while in the U.S.
How long can I stay in the US on investor visa?
What is E-2 treaty investor visa?
What are the limitations of E-2 visa?
- E-2 visas are available only to nationals of countries having trade treaties with the U.S
- You are restricted to work only for the specific employer or self-owned business that acted as your E-2 visa sponsor. However, you may also work for the treaty organization’s parent company or one of its subsidiaries as long as the:
- Relationship between the organizations is established
- Subsidiary employment requires executive, supervisory, or essential skills
- Terms and conditions of employment have not otherwise changed
- E-2 visas are approved for two years at a time which makes the application/extension process cumbersome.
Group Bookings for USA E2 Investment Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
I just wanted to let you both know that today I received my UK YMS visa. I went to the Consulate General here in Duesseldolf, Germany, last Wednesday and so getting it back today was much quicker than I expected. Thanks for all your help with my application, and thanks to Visa First - much appreciated.
Hi, My name is Carl Batchelor, I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Annie Rogers who helped me through the process of obtaining my Australian Working Holiday Visa. I am writing this letter of reccomendation to Visa First to highlight the positive customer service and care I recieved by Annie. She was patient, polite and very informative and I hope this letter goes a small way of thanking her and also bringing to your attention what a star you have in your team. I am a very happy customer and would definately recommend your services to friends and family. Many Thanks Carl Batchelor
To whom it may concern, Our company has been working with Visa First for the last year. Debbie Ivins has been our point of contact. She is very fast and efficient with dealing with any requests and has been very helpful and knowledgeable with any of our visa queries we may have. We will continue to use Visa First in the New Year and would recommend their services to anyone with visa requirements.
Hi Karen, I would like to extend my thanks to you for an outstanding job, for following up and executing a remarkable delivery of the two visa’s - a job very well done, you have 2 very happy customers! I love dealing with your company. Many thanks as always
Hi Tanya Thanks for getting my visa all set up. Just for curiosities sake. How come your visa prices are so low? You were the only company I found offering the visa lower than £171? Obviously I am very happy with that but just curious. Cheers, Justine
Dear Sarah, I would like to thank you for your e-mail and your colleagues for providing me with professional and friendly visa service during the last nine months, especially because my situation was not a simple deal: non-EU citizen, differences in name transliteration. And I look forward to use your service again, if I decide to travel abroad in the future.
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online