US Work Permit Info
The H-1B Visa is the official and primary US work permit available to people from all over the world.
The H-1B visa program allows an employer to sponsor a foreign worker in the U.S. in a specialty occupation. Examples include architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, medicine and health, education, and business specialties, etc.
Practical experience along with at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent is required for this US working visa. The H-1B visa is also used for fashion models of distinguished merit ability.
H-1B visas are granted for an initial period of 3 years. Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age, who wish to visit, accompany or join you in the US may apply for the applicable visa to join you, but spouses are not eligible to work in the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change employers on this visa?
How long can I remain in an H-1B visa status?
As a holder of H-1B visa, can I immigrate permanently to the U.S.?
Conditions to Obtain a Work Permit
- You need to obtain the H-1B visa prior to your entry.
- You must also show that the purpose of your temporary stay is for employment related to your field of study.
- Basic requirements include that you are currently employed or have a job offer from an employer in the US.
- The job itself must be a specialty occupation and require at least a Bachelor degree-level qualification or equivalent experience.
- You may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.
- You must be a professional with specialized knowledge - scientists, engineers, programmers, research analysts, management consultants, journalists, accountants generally qualify for a H1B visa. Bachelor's or equivalent degree, plus work experience are required.
- You are a professional Nurse entering the U.S. to perform complex job duties or supervise nursing operations.
- You are a distinguished fashion model.
- You are a foreign national entering the U.S. to offer exceptional services relating to cooperative research and development projects administered by the U.S. department of defense.
Are you a corporate visa organizer?
Our Website has been build with a thought for your specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
Our 1-2-3 Process
Secure Online Registration
Application with the Embassy
Log in to you account and monitor the progress of your application.
Get Your Visa by Mail
Get ready to travel with the time we saved you on application and Embassy procedures.
Group Bookings for USA H-1b Visa
In order to facilitate members of corporate teams, handling travel arrangement on behalf of entire groups of people, we built our website with a thought for their specific needs such as group booking, online tracking of multiple applications and detailed purchase reports.
If you are a corporate visa organizer we highly recommend getting regitered to make use of those features.
Get started for FREE
Our Specialists will immediately assess your case and come up with the options for your trip.
You are in Good Hands.
We organize more than 60k visas every year
Hey Chris, Thanks for letting me know last night, made me sleep a little easier lol. Cheers again for all your help, you made things very easy and will defo pass on your details to any friends planning on a 457. All the best mate.
I couldn't fault Visa First they looked after all aspects of my Visa and made what I thought would have been a lot of organising seem as easy as going for a walk. They always rang back if I had a question and they were attentive to all my queries, keep up the good work. I would recommend Visa First services to anybody.
Thank you for checking in and thanks to all in Visa First for all your help for my initial move to Sunny Australia in 2014. Have recommended you to all my friends planning to do the same. Thanks again, Lisa-Marie
Damien Dean has helped me to get my independent skilled visa granted (Australian) just within 3 months. He wasn't just very knowledgeable, he was supportive, helpful and very kind. He was always available to explain the different step of the process and to answer my queries. He is a fantastic person, whose professionalism is highly appreciated.
To Jason, I am just writing to say thank you, to you and your team, for being so accommodating and understanding. Thank you for your assisstance and efficient service over the last few days. Regards, John
Thanks again Daisy! Make sure you let your Manager know that you have a very happy customer here and that you were a wonderful help! Thank you and take care. Greta Sian Robinson
First things first - Let's get your visa
Submitting your web registration takes not more than a minute but the time we will save you may prove invaluable for your travel arrangements. Fill in your details and one of our representatives will contact you with all the information you need.Book Online