Canada Working Holiday Visa
The quota for the Canadian Working Holiday Visa for Irish Passport holders is zero now. We will keep you updated if the Canadian Immigration Authorities release some more spots.
The 2013 IEC program is still open for UK passport holders. If you hold an UK passport you can register now and get your application started.
The 2013 Canada Working Holiday Visa program
has been officially opened under the name International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative and allows for 6350 Irish and 5000 UK passport holders to travel, live and work in Canada. From this year the program is also opened for 2nd year Canada working holiday visa
. This means that if you wish to extend your stay for another year while in Canada or if you have travelled to Canada on the same program several years ago - now you are eligible to apply for working holiday again. Another change is that you can bring your partner and/or child in Canada, however they have to obtain their own visa status.
Visa First now organizes the Canada Working Holiday Visa Program (WHVP) for the United Kingdom and Irish passport holders. The Working Visa for Canada provides opportunities for young Irish and United Kingdom residents to enjoy extended holidays in Canada and gives them the opportunity to work for up to 12 months. To be eligible for the Canada Working Holiday Visa you must:
- Hold a British or Irish passport valid for the entire period of your intended stay in Canada (three years minimum validity is recommended) and;
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom/Ireland and be able to demonstrate habitual residency (i.e. physically living) in the UK for at least three years directly prior to your application to the IEC; An exception can be made if the candidate has temporarily resided in a foreign country for studies or short-term work, but the time spent outside Ireland/UK must not exceed 18 months cumulative over the three previous years.
- Be aged 18-30 years inclusive at the time your application is received if you are from the United Kingdom. Be aged 18-35 years inclusive the time your application is received if you are from Ireland. Your application must be received on or after your 18th birthday, or before your 31st birthday if you are from the United Kingdom, or before your 36th birthday if you are from Ireland, and;
- Be medically and criminally admissible to Canada under the Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Possess sufficient funds (CA$2,500) for your maintenance during your initial period of stay in Canada.
- Possess a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket.
- Agree to undergo a medical examination by a physician recognized by the Canadian government to obtain authorization to visit Canada if you wish to undertake work which will bring you into close contact with: people namely in the health services field occupations, primary or secondary school, teaching or childcare.
- Agree to hold medical and comprehensive hospitalization and liability insurance to remain in force throughout your stay in Canada.
You will be asked these questions again during online processing and your application will be screened for these criteria if you decide to participate in the Canada Working Visa program.
The official opening date of the Canadian Working Holiday Visa Program for the upcoming year will be January 2013.
Call us today to book your place or Click Here and apply online!
UK: 0207 659 9180
Ireland: 001 878 3329