Australian eVisitor Visa, Visitor Visa And ETA – What Is The Difference

Australia is an enormous country that is filled to the brim with exciting activities. How on Earth do you decide what to do first?

One of the first things that you need to check before you pack your bags for Australia is what visa type you need. Unless you are a New Zealand citizen or an Australian citizen or resident, you will need one to enter the country.

What types of tourist visa should I apply for?

The type of visa you need depends on the purpose of your visit, the length of your stay, and your passport. There are three main types of tourist visas.

To help and ease the process we created this handy guide with tourist visas that you can refer to when wondering which visa type you need.

What is Australian eVisitor (Subclass 651) Visa?

This type of visa is used for tourism or business visitor activities. It is an electronic visa. This visa, subclass 651 is intended for citizens of countries in the European Union.

All applicants should have a passport valid for at least 3 months from the entry date to Australia.

Citizens from non-European countries can apply either for ETA (Subclass 601) or Visitor (Subclass 600) visa.

How long is the Australian eVisitor (Subclass 651) Visa valid for?

This visa is valid for 12 months and allows you multiple entries in Australia. However, you will be able to stay for up to 90 consecutive days per entry in the country.

You can also study for up to 3 months in total, but only if the studies are not the main reason for visiting, and you are not permitted to work, although only on a voluntary basis.

Apply For Your Australian eVisitor (Subclass 651) Visa With Visa First!

What is Australian Visitor (Subclass 600) Visa?

With this visa, you can enter the country for tourist reasons (including recreation, holidays, or visiting friends and family) or business visitor activities (negotiations, visiting a conference, etc). You are not allowed to work, provide services for organizations or businesses in Australia or sell goods.

How long is the Australian Visitor (Subclass 600) Visa valid for?

This visa is multiple-entry and is valid for a period of 12 months after it’s issued. Depending on the visa issued, on each arrival, visitors can stay in the country for up to three, six or twelve months.

The visa validity depends on your personal circumstances.

Apply For Your Australian Visitor (Subclass 600) Visa With Visa First!

What is the Australian ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) (Subclass 601)?

ETA is electronically linked to your passport and provides authorisation to enter Australia. It’s only intended for short-term stays for tourism or business visitor activities.

ETA allows you to visit Australia as many times as you want, in a period of 12 months and stay up to three months each time you visit the country.

How long is ETA (subclass 601) valid for?

After your ETA is granted, it will be valid for 12 months, or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier.

ETA can either be applied online or obtained directly at the airport from a travel agency.

Applying online for the ETA saves you time and is hassle-free.

Eligible countries for obtaining an online ETA:

  • Brunei – Darussalam
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Korea, Rep of (South)
  • The United States.

Apply For Your Australian Electronic Travel Authority With Visa First!

Can I extend my Australian visa?

Yes, if you are in Australia for the time being, and your visa is about to expire, you can apply for a visa extension with Visa First if you wish to prolong your stay. Depending on your personal circumstances, this could allow you to stay up to 3, 6, 12 months and the extension will be only for tourist purposes.

If you hold ETA (Subclass 601) or e-Visitor (Subclass 651), you can extend your visa by applying for a Visitor (Subclass 600) Visa.

It is very important to note that if you have spent 12 months in Australia in the last 18 months, you cannot extend your visa and stay and should leave Australia for some time before re-entering or re-applying for a new visa.

What is the difference between ETA Australia and the eVisitor visa Australia?

Both visas are similar, and both allow you to visit for up to three months. The main difference is finding out which one are you eligible to apply for as well as the process of obtaining it.

How to apply for an Australian visa?

With over 15 years of experience, Visa First provides fast, comprehensive and reliable service. Our prices are affordable with no hidden fees.

We will discuss with you your personal circumstances and decide which visa type is the most appropriate for you.

We will prepare your documents, take care of all the paperwork and boost your chances for a successful visa application.

Apply for your Australian visa with Visa First today!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *