How to Renew Your Irish Employment Permit
If your Irish Employment permit is about to expire, it must be renewed if you are not able to switch to another status that enables you to work without a permit.
In order to renew your Irish Employment permit you must:
- hold a valid General, Intra-Company transfer, Contract for Services or Dependent permit
- be employed by the employer listed on your permit
- be able to provide evidence that the current permit requirements were satisfied
- provide evidence that your employer is willing to keep you as an employee
You will not be eligible to renew your employment permit if you:
- don’t hold a valid General, Intra-Company transfer, Contract for Services or Dependent permit (only renewal for a General employment permit can be submitted up to a month after the permit expiry date)
- are no longer employed with the employer listed on their permit
- are not able to prove that the current permit requirements were met
How To Get a New Irish Work Permit If You Have Lost Your Job
How to renew your Irish Employment Permit
The renewal application must be submitted online and all required documents must be attached to it before a payment is made (if applicable) and the application is finalised.
It should be submitted before your current permit expires but not more than four months in advance.
If you submit your renewal application on time, you will be able to remain in Ireland and continue working even if your current permit expires before the new one is issued.
After the application is submitted, you can check the status of your application here.
Once you receive your Renewed Employment Permit, you need to renew your Irish residence permit.
If you live in Dublin, you must go to the Burgh Quay Registration Office (an appointment is required). If you live outside of Dublin, you need to go to your local Garda station.
This is where we can help!
Visa First will boost your chances for a successful application and will deal with all the perplexing documentation on your behalf. Save time and stress and avoid waiting in lines.
The fee depends on the type and the requested duration of the new permit.
Get in touch with us for our latest prices.
You want to make sure your application is submitted on time, as per the Department’s requirements and hassle-free, contact Visa First.
Got questions? Contact us today!