New Zealand is now accepting 2022 Working Holiday Visa applications. Here’s how to get your visa!
It’s good news for working holidaymakers – you will finally be able to apply for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa!
Two years later after all the COVID-19 restrictions, New Zealand is welcoming applications for working holiday visas once again.
Before you apply for your 2022 working holiday visa for New Zealand there are a couple of things you need to know.
This article will cover:
- What is the New Zealand Working Holiday Programme?
- Reopening dates
- Who can apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
- How to get a Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand?
What is the New Zealand Working Holiday Programme?
The New Zealand Working Holiday Programme is an opportunity to visit New Zealand for holiday purposes while making money to sustain your travel.
You can stay for 12 months in New Zealand on this programme or up to 23 months if you’re a Canadian or UK citizen.
Note that if you’re eligible and you apply to stay for 23 months you’re required to provide a General Medical Certificate – this certificate holds information about your health.
Since New Zealand visa applications are now open, people from different countries will be able to apply from different dates in 2022.
From 14 March the following countries can apply:
Unlimited candidates are accepted from these countries.
The rest of the dates are presented below!
||Number of applications accepted
Who can apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 30 or 18 to 35 if you’re from Chile, the Czech Republic or Slovakia
Want to know more about the age for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa and more? You can read our article: New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Over 30
- Have a passport from an eligible country
- Be in good health and have no criminal record
- Have medical insurance for the length of your stay
- Have a valid passport for three more months after you intend to leave New Zealand
Conditions you must meet for your working holiday in New Zealand
There are also a couple of conditions you need to meet for your working holiday in New Zealand.
Firstly, the main purpose of your travel should be for visiting, whereas, working or studying should be a secondary reason.
You must have no dependent children with you on your working holiday to New Zealand.
On your arrival to New Zealand, you’ll need proof of:
- A return ticket or proof of enough funds for a return ticket
- Adequate funds – NZ$ 4,200
How to get a Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand?
For a stress-free process, you can apply for your Working Holiday New Zealand Visa with Visa First!
You can start by checking your eligibility at the top of our page and then continue to the application form.
We will take care of the boring paperwork and increase your chances of a successful outcome!
Why should I apply with Visa First?
- Our service is fast and reliable
- We’ve been in the business for over 20 years providing visas for people all over the world
- A member of our team will guide you through the entire process
- Registering with Visa First is all online, so no hassle!
How much is a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Applying for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa starts at €265 with Visa First.
How long does a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa take?
The processing time of your visa depends on the immigration office, therefore, there is no specific timeline.
However, it can take approximately 20 working days from the day you submitted your online application.
For more information on this visa, you can read our complete New Zealand Working Holiday Visa guide.