Get a J-1 Visa

flag of the USA

Here’s a relatively easy way to visit the United States – by obtaining a J-1 visa.

J-1 is a non-immigrant visa that was developed to encourage cultural exchange and to develop young people’s skills in the fields of education, arts, and sciences.

Why you should consider going to the U.S. on J-1:

  • You will live and work in one of the most developed countries in the world
  • You could work in your field of study and will develop valuable professional skills
  • You will get to know the American culture and lifestyle better than if you go there just as a tourist
  • You can save money prior to returning back home
  • During your 30-day “grace period,” when you have finished working, you can travel all over the United States and see world-famous places like Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, etc.
  • You will meet people from all over the world and create lots of friendships and connections

The duration of the visa status depends on the J-1 category you are admitted under. After your J-1 status expires, however, you are allowed an additional 30-day ‘grace period’ to stay in the country – regardless of your J-1 category.

Are you eligible to apply?

You can apply if you are:

  • 18 at the time of travel. There is no upper age limit.
  • Currently enrolled at a college and participating in full-time Post-secondary studies that culminate into a degree. Students enrolled in a program of 2 years or less must demonstrate that their current studies lead to a degree program and show intent to pursue that degree. Final year students no longer need to be pursuing further education in the next academic year but will need to show they are returning to Ireland after the summer.

To get your J1 Visa Now, contact either Sayit Travel at 1850 518 472 or Go4Less at 01 435 0000, Ireland’s largest student travel specialists!

To see available J-1 offers in the United States, you can visit


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *