COVID-19 update: Due to COVID-19, Visa First’s Dublin office is closed to walk-ins. Document drop-off and passport collection appointments can be arranged by contacting Visa First via email or phone. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

country background photo

UK Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

Home / United Kingdom / United Kingdom Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

About the UK Seasonal Worker Visa

General Information

The UK Seasonal Worker visa is suitable for people over 18 years old, who wish to go to the UK to do farm work for up to 6 months.

You can enter the United Kingdom as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).

It’s important to note that you cannot stay in the country for longer than 6 months in any 12-month period on this visa.

You can only apply for the United Kingdom Seasonal Worker Visa within 3 months of the start date of your employment.

In order to apply for this visa, you must be over 18, have a sponsor employer and meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.


In order to be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • Have a Certificate of sponsorship assigned to you by your employer (i.e sponsor)
  • Show you have enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt).

In order to apply for the UK Seasonal Worker visa you will need:

  • A valid passport (your passport should have at least 6 months validity remaining and should have at least one blank page)
  • A Certificate of sponsorship assigned to you by your sponsor employer
  • A bank statement showing you have at least £1,270 in available funds
  • * Additional documents might be required depending on the case.
  • ** If your documents are not in English or Welsh, they should be accompanied by a certified translation.
UK Seasonal Worker Visa Processing Time

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.


UK Seasonal Worker Visa cost starts from

Apply Now

Related services

Complete range of services to help you get sorted for your trip

Language Course

Would you like to improve your English? No matter you’re level – Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced, Visa First can help you! We’ve partnered with two of the biggest English language course providers in order to provide you with the exact language course you need. Sign up here

Apply Now

Passport Cover

With this service you can protect yourself should your passport ever be stolen, lost or damaged and you need to get a new one issued while you are in Australia or New Zealand. In such an event, Visa First will cover the costs for your new passport. What’s more, we’ll also re-allocate your existing visa to your new passport free of charge! Our passport cover service is valid for the duration of your visa. Get started here

Apply Now

Police Check Certificate

Visa First can assist you in obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia, New Zealand or the United Kingdom should you need to provide this document to the relevant Immigration Authorities. Start here

Apply Now


If you’re planning to travel, vacation or study abroad, it’s always a good idea to invest in adequate travel insurance. Travel insurance provides a priceless sense of peace-of-mind while you’re away from home. You never know when you might need it. And you can rest assured that, should the worst happen, you’ll be covered. At Visa First, we will ensure that you receive an insurance package that suits your particular travel needs – and all at an unbeatable price. Secure your Worldwide travel insurance today.

Apply Now

Stress free visa and work permit applications with Visa First

Apply Now

Other visas for this country

UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5)

Want to live and work in the UK? With the YMS visa you can move to the UK for up to 2 years.

Read More

UK Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

This visa is suitable for for people, over 18, who wish to go the UK to do farm work for up to 6 months and who have a sponsor employer in the UK.

Read More

UK Ancestry visa

If you’re a commonwealth citizen and have a grandparent who was born in the UK you can apply for this Ancestry visa.

Read More

UK Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2)

This visa is for skilled individuals, who wish to work and live in the UK for up to 5 years and who have a sponsor employer in the UK.

Read More

Visa First – Getting you where you want to go!

Apply Now
Browse all visas

Travel the World with Visa First - easy, fast and convenient!